Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Traditional!!

ant7629

Just picked up this beauty, 2013, used but its as new. I wanted a pre 2014 Traditional as I wanted to avoid "that" 12th fret inlay, and don't even get me started on the 2015 models......

Only had time for little play, but I was very impressed. A much thicker, fuller tone than my Standard, which I what I go for in a LP. Fit and finish is impeccable as is the setup. Loving that chunky neck too!

Weight wise, it is heavy, which I like. I guess the solid body construction has its part to play there.

I'll post some pics tomorrow in the daylight, but heres one i took when I first got it.

2014-10-09105730_zps66e9ebc5.jpg

Just picked up this beauty, 2013, used but its as new. I wanted a pre 2014 Traditional as I wanted to avoid "that" 12th fret inlay, and don't even get me started on the 2015 models......

Only had time for little play, but I was very impressed. A much thicker, fuller tone than my Standard, which I what I go for in a LP. Fit and finish is impeccable as is the setup. Loving that chunky neck too!

Weight wise, it is heavy, which I like. I guess the solid body construction has its part to play there.

I'll post some pics tomorrow in the daylight, but heres one i took when I first got it.

Happy NGD, nice Trad ya got there!

A_niceguitar.gif

Congrats on your nice buy, Ant, beautiful catch! [thumbup]

Can definitely confirm the quoted lines from my Traditional 2013 compared to my Standards. All of the 2013 Traditionals I ever tried out were in fact excellent. [thumbup]

Have fun with her, and for staying that way, put strap locks to her if not already there.

Yes, those Traditionals can be a source of envy and jealousy. [glare]

Don´t get me wrong, envy and jelousy yes, but not the negative way.......

With best wishes and hoping that you have lots of fun with this beauty.

And thanks by the way for bringing me back to the right way, it would be realy nice to find a 13 or 14 model.

I only have to be patient, and always remember the Howlin´ Wolf song: Hold Your Money.msp_wink.gif

macht mich ganz neidisch

Prost

Yes, those Traditionals can be a source of envy and jealousy. [glare]

Don´t get me wrong, envy and jelousy yes, but not the negative way.......

Almost don't dare bringing up the term among all of us addicts here, but I wanted to avoid using G.A.S. as translation. [biggrin]

I fear there's no need for explaining this abbreviation... [lol]

Almost don't dare bringing up the term among all of us addicts here, but I wanted to avoid using G.A.S. as translation. [biggrin]

I fear there's no need for explaining this abbreviation... [lol]

I feel the effects of G.A.S. right now, darn it i could not avoid to look on your pics again.msp_drool.gif

So no, no need at all to translate it.

Archived