Gibson Brands Forums

Good new bands?

RichCI

kings of leon

the killers

they're quite good

I would not classify these two as new bands but they are very good.

Heck, Paul McCartney went to see the Killers in London, he also payed them a visit backstage. I am saying if a Beatle makes it a point to come out and see you play you must be doing something right...

I would not classify these two as new bands but they are very good.

Heck' date=' Paul McCartney went to see the Killers in London, he also payed them a visit backstage. I am saying if a Beatle makes it a point to come out and see you play you must be doing something right...[/quote']

Especially if it's Paul - just saying he has a good taste.

Did you check his Memmory Almost Full album?

Love "Pablo Honey"

If thats all you have by Radiohead I really suggest you get their later albums. Pablo Honey while being alright is nothing compared to the album after that. The Bends. If I could take any music post 1990 and put it in a time capsule all I'd want is The Bends. It's in the same vein of rock as Pablo Honey but the production and songwriting talents of the band leap ahead about a million years. Songs like High and Dry as well as Fake Plastic Trees reach out to the loneliness in everyones hearts and never really lets go.

I also suggest you check out their later albums. OK Computer is real strange yet very accessible while albums like Hail To The Thief are dense original masterpieces. In Rainbows is a very good listen to get into later Radiohead as well.

I feel passionately that Radiohead is the only modern (or at the tail end of it) band that not only makes very creative and groundbreakings albums, while still dominating the world while they do it. There's other bands such as The Flaming Lips (they've been around since the 80's but they hit their stride in the mid 90's and have been getting better since) but no one really covers both worlds of the music business so well and with such class.

Oh and I did check out Memory Almost Full (I worship McCartney) and its great. Mr. Bellamy is the best song hes done in many years. Kudos to anyone who figures what its about. Have you heard his new album under the alias The Firemen? It's great too.

Didn't see anyone suggest Black Stone Cherry yet. Good' date=' solid, melodic, rock from Kentucky. They just released their second album. They love their Les Pauls too. Me likee.[/quote']

i was actually just checking in on this thread so i could mention them! they are a good band that people should really check out. they have really done a nice job of modernizing the southern rock thing.

Archived