Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone G1275 Doubleneck

Wizard1

Last month i happened to notice that zZounds was offering the Epiphone G1275 Doubleneck guitar. I had missed several opportunities previously to buy one and so i called them up to see about getting one. It turned out that they were allotted exactly 10 from Epiphone as were numerous other online stores and walk in stores as well. For me the chance to buy one while making the monthly affordable payment had great appeal. The fellow on the phone @ zZounds sid that i was ordering the very last one available. So i went for it. Delivery from Epiphone to zZounds will be on January 26th and shipped shortly afterwards. With the case too. I have done many deals using Zzounds and am happy with their selection and no hassle way of going about business with their customers. This is a Limited Edition as well. The doubleneck guitars are not made every year, this is the first time in 4-5 years i think although i may be mistaken. I couldn't justify buying a Gibson ESD 1275 because of the price which is quite expensive. After i get this guitar delivered and put it through it's get acquainted paces i will offer a review and photo's. I own several other Epi's that i enjoy quite a bit. A 1994 Korean made Sheraton II in natural finish that is pure bliss to play, and also a 1993 set neck Epi Riviera i just recently got in trade that is truly exceptional. They vie for attention alongside numerous Fender's i play daily as well.

Nice! Seriously don't get to excited and set for the date given though, epi are awful at estimated delivery. We waited almost 7 months after estimated delivery for the Union Jack sheraton! Hopefully yours won't take as long! It will be worth it though I'm sure!

Last month i happened to notice that zZounds was offering the Epiphone G1275 Doubleneck guitar. I had missed several opportunities previously to buy one and so i called them up to see about getting one. It turned out that they were allotted exactly 10 from Epiphone as were numerous other online stores and walk in stores as well. For me the chance to buy one while making the monthly affordable payment had great appeal. The fellow on the phone @ zZounds sid that i was ordering the very last one available. So i went for it. Delivery from Epiphone to zZounds will be on January 26th and shipped shortly afterwards. With the case too. I have done many deals using Zzounds and am happy with their selection and no hassle way of going about business with their customers. This is a Limited Edition as well. The doubleneck guitars are not made every year, this is the first time in 4-5 years i think although i may be mistaken. I couldn't justify buying a Gibson ESD 1275 because of the price which is quite expensive. After i get this guitar delivered and put it through it's get acquainted paces i will offer a review and photo's. I own several other Epi's that i enjoy quite a bit. A 1994 Korean made Sheraton II in natural finish that is pure bliss to play, and also a 1993 set neck Epi Riviera i just recently got in trade that is truly exceptional. They vie for attention alongside numerous Fender's i play daily as well.

you don't say...again, Epiphone makes great instruments...olololo

5df09498-10b3-4475-a3fa-35d5215ec832_zpsedb593fa.jpg

Congrats on the purchase .... I too have recently purchased the same guitar. Something to consider ... I just purchased mine at Guitar Center on Black Friday. They had stock in their warehouse and expect mine to arrive Wednesday and have a tracking number to confirm it actually shipped. They also gave me an out the door price of $850. This of course didn't include a case or any other accessories. I'm not a normal fan of Guitar Center, but here it made good sense to go with them. You may want to reconsider your order as you could get it a month earlier. American Music Supply also has one in stock with payment plan if that's what you're looking for as well. Just thought I would give you a heads up there. Hope you enjoy it!

Hi folks ... I know this is an old topic and I'm not looking to start it back up again or ruffle feathers. I've read many of the threads around the mahogany plywood construction issue for the G-1275 LE. Admittedly, I didn't do my research in-depth before purchasing the guitar. I did read many reviews and watch several You Tube demo's where the guitar seemed to get very high reviews and demo's seemed great. That said, had I know about this perceived issue, I'm not sure it would have deterred my purchase anyways and I'll know for sure here in a couple days.

The reason for my post is to seek opinions from people similar to myself about the G-1275, it's tone, sustain and playability. Let me level set what "Similar to Myself" means! I'm not a touring/gigging musician, guitar or brand snob or forum troll. I've been playing about 15 years, it's a hobby / stress relief for me, I play with friends and record on occasions and some worship band stuff. I have GAS syndrome and love to try and collect all different types of guitars and amps. I have some higher end guitars and some lower end guitars. I've never played a true Gibson Les Paul, I own a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Flame something another which I simply love to play. Only Gibson I own is a Songwriter Deluxe Studio Acoustic. The rest of my collections ranges from Fenders, PRS, Schecter, Ibanez, Godin and Takemine's. Only reason I share this is to stress the fact I'm not a brand snob looking to brand bash or market, etc ...

All that said, I'm looking for a no frills opinion on the G-1275 and if the mahogany ply construction really amounts to anything. My experience with Epiphone has been nothing but great and I really don't expect this to be different. I usually change out electronics for true Gibson components which makes a difference. (It's not an earth shattering difference as some would lead you to believe, but it's noticeable) The Epiphone Les Paul Custom and Epiphone Sheraton II I own are both just great guitars. So I'm just looking for an opinion from an average person who's played/owned the 1275 who doesn't have to be buried with their Gibson when they die or hates Epiphone because their manufacturing plant demolished poverty stricken kids playground when it was built. (BTW .... that's not true ... just making a point)

Thanks Guys!

It has the "sympathetic" switch that lets the entire instrument ring and chime like no other when all the pickups are on, unreal sustain.msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifand the 12 string ...I can't say enough good things about this instrument, as with all the Epihone's I presently play. msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif just a spectacularly sounding, "playing" and looking double necked solid body electric guitar. Just look at that thing...lolmsp_smile.gifmsp_mellow.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

It has the "sympathetic" switch that lets the entire instrument ring and chime like no other when all the pickups are on, unreal sustain.msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifand the 12 string ...I can't say enough good things about this instrument, as with all the Epihone's I presently play. msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif just a spectacularly sounding, "playing" and looking double necked solid body electric guitar. Just look at that thing...lolmsp_smile.gifmsp_mellow.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Thanks for the comments ... mine actually arrives today so I'll bang on it for a couple hours this evening!

Ha .... Interesting strap is attached at the headstock. One DN is enough for me ... on to the next collectible ... lol

and at the bridge too msp_confused.gif looks like it...lolmellow.gifmsp_unsure.gifmsp_biggrin.gif unless that is actually a whammy barmsp_confused.gif

So my G-1275 arrived yesterday from Guitar Center which I have to say had the worst packaging ever. It was an obvious returned item and sold to me as a new unopened item which upsets me. It's a wonder the guitar wasn't damaged given the way it was shipped. Anyways .... enough about Guitar Center. I can honestly say all the crap around the mahogany plywood stuff is just non-sense. There is nothing dead about the six string side ... the pickups are Epiphone pickup's. Are they the greatest, no but not horrible by any means. I could easily get pinched harmonics, sustain was fine, 12 string sounded great. It's just a great eye catching piece to add to my collection that I didn't have to pay $4500 dollars to own. I am very surprised how well is stays in tune as the other Epiphone's I have all seems to struggle with the G string staying in tune. I tuned this thing up without stretching the strings and beat on it for two hours solid and it stayed in tune which was impressive.

If you're considering a purchase of one of these, definitely go for it. NO, I don't own 20 Gibson's or tour 200 days a year or have played for 35 years, but I have been around some nice instruments and own a variety of guitars from medium range to a few higher end so I understand the quality scale. You get a lot for the money and it's a beautiful instrument. The plywood issue terrified me when I first found out because it was after I purchased, but it's just a talking point for people to complain about and quote specs and talk about this wood or that wood, etc .... Get the guitar, you won't be sorry!

Hey! I had one of those!!! Must've been somewhere between '75 & '80. It was the antique cherry finish cuz y'know, if you're gonna do the Jimmy Page thing, ya gotta do it right! [thumbup]

I actually had a few of those "stands" too. Sadly, they didn't age anywhere near as well as the guitar [scared] .

(For anyone interested ... here is Gibson's response to my direct question concerning the G-1275 ... Five days later!)

G-1275 has a multi-piece solid mahogany body (not laminated). The minEtune truss rod cover is white and red. Thank you for the inquiry.

Archived