Holy Mother of Jesus

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks

Check this beauty :

J35-0811-fullf_zpsd0242d70.jpg

J35-0115-d-headstock_zpsfb6c5b02.jpg

J35-0811-tuners_zpsfda77b89.jpg

J35-0811-bodyb_zps462a4c5a.jpg

It belonged to a 92 year old man who's children where helping him move and found it under the bed.

They said that they did not even know he played .

He purchased it befor the war ... put it away so it would not get damaged when he was deployed and once home it appears he never rekindled his desire to play

JC

Love the tuner buttons! I think if I were Gibson I'd get some detailed pictures and measurements of this guitar and ride the publicity wave here and get out some copies or do a custom shop (yes, bring back custom shop build for this thing alone) offer. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the case it was in too. What a beautiful instrument. I like BigKahune's comment about the humidifying. Iowa ain't the driest part of the country but I don't think there was a dampit in the case when they first opened it! Can't wait to see more pictures from Folkaways when it's up on there site. They always do such a great job of photo documentation.

Yellowed binding! So apparently UV is not required for binding to yellow.

No... but the Nitro finish back then is different than now.. nowadays they have to add a agent to the clear to give that look.

pending if the House hold from that time had a gas stove or not. or even a wood burning stove giving off carbon . will change Clear finishes quickly in or out of the case ....

No... but the Nitro finish back then is different than now.. nowadays they have to add a agent to the clear to give that look.

pending if the House hold from that time had a gas stove or not. or even a wood burning stove giving off carbon . will change Clear finishes quickly in or out of the case ....

Is that still true today, or has the finish changed? I have always wondered if my bindings will yellow or my sunbursts fade. My natural tops have darkened even without being outside, but that's the only change I've noticed. Might have noticed some rosewood getting ligher or mahogany getting darker, but those ones are big maybes. All my guitars have stayed inside with no smoke. I want to play them outside this summer, though. Still probably no smoke though. :) Guess I could get some sweetgrass to burn.

Archived