Gibson Brands Forums

Ringo Starr

livemusic

Just a heads up... saw Ringo in concert and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. It's like going to a variety show, as, of course, they do some of his songs but he lets the band members showcase cover songs, especially songs they had a hand in. Each of the band members was fantastically talented and these guys in their 60s sang unbelievably well. Amazing vocals. Gregg Rolie of Santana on keys, Steve Lukather of Toto on lead guitar and others. Another guy on electric guitar, I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't figure it out until Ringo said his name -- Todd Rundgren. Richard Page of Mr. Mister sang SO well! Gregg Bissonette (drummer, various) and Warren Ham (sax, vocals, various) did great. I highly recommend it, although tickets were pricey. But I was willing to pay it to see a Beatle, my second in six months. Saw McCartney for the fourth time a few months ago.

There were only a couple of songs where an acoustic was used, but it was a rock show.

At age 74, Ringo looks fantastic! He was jumping around doing calisthenics and such, lol. He sang very well, to tell the truth. I mean, he doesn't have a good voice, but it was totally adequate.

Todd Rundgren is SO funny to watch, he was having a ball.

I saw the Beatles at Shea so have not been really pulled to see any of them solo. But Ringo's All-Star Band with its "whatever happened to" lineup is a blast. Looking at the guys who have joined in at various times - Dave Edmunds, Gary Brooker, Joe Walsh, Felix Cavaliere, and such - is just amazing. I would go see many of these guys (and have) on their own. But with Ringo in the mix. Just an infectious good time.

Archived