Gibson Brands Forums

GAS for archtop

btoth76

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Epiphone ES-175 in the wine red finish is currently on sale for $749 (versus the other finish colors for $899) at many online retailers. The hard case however will add $109 to that purchase.

If a guy could find a good used Gibson ES-175 within a few hundred dollars more that would be ideal but most of what I have seen online so far in regards to the Gibson ones has been well above that. [cursing]

Anyway here's a pic of the Epi version:

POP_175premWR.jpg

The Epiphone ES-175 in the wine red finish is currently on sale for $749 (versus the other finish colors for $899) at many online retailers. The hard case however will add $109 to that purchase.

If a guy could find a good used Gibson ES-175 within a few hundred dollars more that would be ideal but most of what I have seen online so far in regards to the Gibson ones has been well above that. [cursing]

Anyway here's a pic of the Epi version:

POP_175premWR.jpg

Okay while we were all looking at photos here I just scored this guitar for $659.12 from Musicians Friend as an "open box item returned in mint condition" [biggrin][thumbup]

This should tide me over for ES-175 lust until I can find a used reasonably priced Gibson version. The fact that these come with actual Gibson 57 Classic pups is exciting. Woo Hoo!

This should tide me over for ES-175 lust until I can find a used reasonably priced Gibson version. The fact that these come with actual Gibson 57 Classic pups is exciting. Woo Hoo!

or,, when h e l l freezes over,, which ever comes first.. The Gibson ES models are just getting more and more expensive. I can't ever see dropping that kinda cash..

Looks nice Rev, I dig the wine red!

or,, when h e l l freezes over,, which ever comes first.. The Gibson ES models are just getting more and more expensive. I can't ever see dropping that kinda cash..

Looks nice Rev, I dig the wine red!

I agree hell will freeze over before the prices drop on the Gibson ES's. :blink:

I'm at the stage with my collection now that I don't see myself spending that kind of coin anymore. The last, most expensive Gibson I bought was last year when I scored one of those Gibson Kalamazoo models for $1499 from Wildwood Guitars. Everything else has been well under $1000. I think the Epi 175 will be a lot of fun to play and I'm okay with that. [smile]

I think this might be a fake. I'm not convinced by those pups, the machine heads aren't originals, the shape of the headstock is wrong and it only has 10 frets...... [biggrin]

Nah, it's obviously an ES-175 Jr.

• 6 months later...

If you are still looking go to Reverb.com Loads of new and used guitars and equipment for sale. Look under Archtop or hollow body. A good way to get an idea of current pricing on new and used and visuals of all the different brands and models.

Archived