Gibson Brands Forums

Why les paul sig and hologram on everything

bongofury

9 bills for a leftover Firebird? That's a deal.

The 2015 Firebird would make a good guitar if you're a slide player.

Just so I'm clear, is this silly hologram sticker on ALL of the Gibson USA models now? It wasn't on the 2015 Firebird that I played.

Yes I think that's one of the couple of models that escaped the horror.. They didn't have a G Force tuner for it id imagine so decided to leave the rest of it well alone.

How can a cheap cheesy sticker on a classy instrument be important? Where's the relevence in that? Surely they can come up with a better way to honour the poor bloke, he deserves that at least.

And the Dean headstock isn't too bad mate, that one I wouldn't worry about.

No stickers saaalick , Gibson has class

4H

9 bills for a leftover Firebird? That's a deal.

The 2015 Firebird would make a good guitar if you're a slide player.

Just so I'm clear, is this silly hologram sticker on ALL of the Gibson USA models now? It wasn't on the 2015 Firebird that I played.

This was part of the original blurb that turned up on Amazon

" All Gibson USA guitars except for the Les Paul Supreme, Firebird and Derek Trucks SG will ship with the G-Force tuning system. "

taken from here https://reverb.com/blog/gibson-to-increase-prices-update-models-for-2015

Guest Farnsbarns

Is there any way of removing that stupid hologram without damaging the finish on the headstock?

Stick something better, like... say... Dog sh1t, over the top of it!

I've even wondered if Henry is trying to damage the company deliberately in order that his plight can be used against the current lot in the next election. Seems like a less insane explanation than believing that someone thinks these are good ideas.

He runs a privately held company that has a few wheel barrows full of his own money along with lots of wheel barrows full of his friends money. No business man wrecks stuff for political ends when his own money and that of his friends is at stake.

rct

You don't like just the zero fret nut's look? [rolleyes]

Now that's what I'm talking about. Lets complain about the real issues like the zero fret nut and not looks. Altough I like how the zero fret looks the issue with that is the guitar strings grinding into it to make new grooves. The metal isn't strong enough to deal with the movement of the strings. Gibson sent me 2 replacements and so far so good. Now that my friends is a real issue. Not a sticker that only you can see while playing. But then again, I can't be imparcial because I use to have cool hologram stickers of transformers when I was a kid and I miss em dammit! lol...

He runs a privately held company that has a few wheel barrows full of his own money along with lots of wheel barrows full of his friends money. No business man wrecks stuff for political ends when his own money and that of his friends is at stake.

rct

Really? A lot of political candidates that could prove you wrong there. Former and probably current.

Archived