Gibson Brands Forums

Howard Roberts and Chet Atkins

rct

Out here west of Philly this weekend for the Beadfest Mrs is at. So I did the usual and prowled around, traded some stuff for some stuff, that kinda stuff.

Went into a store that has change recently, they are like a gallery now, really nice stuff from all the big names.

They have sunburst Howard Roberts Fusion, I don't know how new it is, but is it super nice guitar. Gold hardware. Neck like buttah. 2000 bucks.

They have a brown Chet Atkins Country Gentleman, a Gibson I hardly ever see. I'm not sure how old, some scratches and nicks and stuff. Signed by Sonny Thomas, Chet's tech? I think 3500 bucks.

If anyone is innerested, pm me, he does internetz and such, he'd be happy to send you pictures Reverend David Lee since you don't have enough guitars.

rct

Out here west of Philly this weekend for the Beadfest Mrs is at. So I did the usual and prowled around, traded some stuff for some stuff, that kinda stuff.

Went into a store that has change recently, they are like a gallery now, really nice stuff from all the big names.

They have sunburst Howard Roberts Fusion, I don't know how new it is, but is it super nice guitar. Gold hardware. Neck like buttah. 2000 bucks.

They have a brown Chet Atkins Country Gentleman, a Gibson I hardly ever see. I'm not sure how old, some scratches and nicks and stuff. Signed by Sonny Thomas, Chet's tech? I think 3500 bucks.

If anyone is innerested, pm me, he does internetz and such, he'd be happy to send you pictures Reverend David Lee since you don't have enough guitars.

rct

I already have a Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion guitar but thanks anyway [biggrin] Smarty pants [biggrin]

rct

LMAO!!!

such an enabler, you are...

worth noting tho Rev DID look at the post... think you're on to something rct. :-k

I already have a Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion guitar but thanks anyway [biggrin] Smarty pants [biggrin]

You have just one Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion? There are at least three makes of them, and I guess you're only complete owning them all! [scared]

;)

Well thank each of you for your efforts to enable the enabler. Me and some of the other crazy mo fo's on here are supposed to be the ones that you (especially the married guys) are supposed to point at when you want to get another guitar and you're trying to justify it to the wife by saying "look honey - I'm nowhere near as crazy as these guys". I mean that's what we're really here for. We (almost) provide a sort of sick and twisted community service. [mellow]

Bwa ha ha ahahahaha [lol]

Evil Rev pjpa7586.gif

Something like that, yes. I think I need to get it down to what I need, not what I think I need. I need to get it down to what I'll use when I have time to use them all. I definitely need a pimped luxury acoustic. Or two. Maybe.

rct

Rev,

That is one wild looking tail piece.

What are string bends like on it? Similar to a trapeze or more like a stop?

String bends, hammer ons, pull offs are all just superb on this guitar. It holds tune like a tank & it has it's own unique feel so I wouldn't compare it to either a stop piece or a trapeze - it's unique unto itself - it feels... just... perfect. You can throw down jazz, blues or classic rock on these guitars and it is one of the best setups ever. They play delicious and sound heavenly. [drool]

Archived