Gibson Brands Forums

gibson problems

Tanner1994

I tried yesterday afternoon and had the same problem - it's slow as hell. Fender's web site isn't exactly greased lightning either but at least it's manageable. Personally, I think Gibson totally over engineered their web site to the point where it looks nice but functions poorly.

I tried yesterday afternoon and had the same problem - it's slow as hell. Fender's web site isn't exactly greased lightning either but at least it's manageable. Personally' date=' I think Gibson totally over engineered their web site to the point where it looks nice but functions poorly.

[/quote']

+1

Gibson is a popular brand but web sites like CNN and Amazon get a LOT more traffic than some corporate web site ever will. I don't believe it's the servers not being able to handle the load, just a web site that is designed to be more technologically clever than functional or user friendly. If it is indeed a server load issue, then there is no excuse for a well established, international company that relies on it's web site to promote it's products to not have enough horsepower to handle the load.

Archived