Gibson Brands Forums

Hi from Budapest

daveinspain

On vacation here in Budapest… What a beautiful city! Haven't seen any problems due to the refugees and I was really worried about it before leaving Spain. I had booked the trip more than a month ago before the migration started. The new always blows things way out of proportion… Anyway I'll keep you all post, driving to Prague day after tomorrow…

Hello Dave!

Welcome to Hungary! Hope You enjoy being here! [thumbup]

Try to avoid the route through Austria. Due to the strict border control, You might have to wait very long to enter the country. Probably, the Esztergom-Nitra-Brno-Prague route is much better, - not to mention - these towns have lots of wonderful sights to see too!

Best wishes... Bence

Hello Dave!

I would be happy to, but due to family issues I have to travel home to Leányvár from Budapest after work. Mom is in hospital, I am feeding the dogs.

Shops. Well, Mezzoforte is my favorite. Great service there. But, don't expect anything like in West-Europe. We have plenty of shops, but they are all small ones. It is here: https://www.google.se/maps/place/Mezzoforte+Hangszer%C3%A1ruh%C3%A1z/@47.5155037,19.0522996,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4741dc09189fe809:0x3f6c2d32624cfb14

If You after vintage pieces, a good place to look is Vintage '52 - which is 2 minutes of walk from Mezzoforte. The map to Vintage '52: https://www.google.se/maps/place/Vintage+'52+Hangszerviz/@47.5172689,19.050248,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4741dc086344a48d:0x8b825109d9c466f7

Unfortunately, no Gibson dealerships here.

If I can help You anyhow, or You need any kind of information, I am happy to help You. :)

Cheers... Bence

Also, Stageshop in Buda is very nice. They are specialized on higher-end instruments, mostly on acoustics: Furch, Bourgeois. Still, they have such electric beauties in:

Gibson_Flying_V2_00.JPG

Also, a 1963 ES-355 TD, and some others.

They are here: https://www.google.se/maps/place/Amarant+%26+Stage+Shop/@47.5029295,19.0386999,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4741dc1eab43eba7:0x424914f06ffbe6b7

Bence.

[scared] I would never put this V or any Gibson on one of these Hercules stands. I sadly experienced they are incompatible with nitro finishes.

Hello Capmaster!

I had a lot of talk about Hercules stands with the guys at Mezzoforte. It was the only shop selling Gibsons officially, and they are using Hercules stands exclusively. They never had an issue.

(Still, I wouldn't do that either ;))

Cheers... Bence

Hello Capmaster!

I had a lot of talk about Hercules stands with the guys at Mezzoforte. It was the only shop selling Gibsons officially, and they are using Hercules stands exclusively. They never had an issue.

(Still, I wouldn't do that either ;))

Cheers... Bence

I've had a herc stand for some years now (maybe 4?)

at this point, never had a problem with it

This sounds exciting. Starting in an hour: http://www.hungaryprogramtourism.com/ajanlat-budapest-basilica-concerts.html

"CATHEDRAL ORGAN CONCERTS on Mondays

In addition to the organists of the Basilica the concerts feature singers and instrumental musicians who will present the organ works and most famous church arias of Albinoni, Caccini, Bach, Mozart, Schubert, Gounod, Bizet, Rachmaninoff, Cesar Franck and Ferenc Liszt.

The concerts will begin at 5 p.m. every Monday, (in October at 7 p.m.) and are 45 minutes long."

Bence.

I have just screwed 3 Hercules holders to my wall and will be very annoyed if the foam on the holder eats the finish on the guitar neck at the nut. And I will be seriously upset if one of the holders fails and a guitar falls to the floor. Hercules looked like the best of very few options at the music store. You pays yer money and takes your chances.

Guest Farnsbarns

I have just screwed 3 Hercules holders to my wall and will be very annoyed if the foam on the holder eats the finish on the guitar neck at the nut. And I will be seriously upset if one of the holders fails and a guitar falls to the floor. Hercules looked like the best of very few options at the music store. You pays yer money and takes your chances.

There are plenty of stories of Hercules stands damaging nitro. If you hang nitro finished guitars on them, without a cloth or something between the guitar and the stand and the nitro is damaged you have only yourself to blame. You have been warned. I have the same wall hangers and have white flannel where ever they contact nitro.

Hello Dave!

I hope You had a nice time here!

Prague is a beautiful place too...

Prague_016.jpg

...and, - not to mention - it's a beer-drinker's paradise. ;)

The-pub.jpg

The Medieval Tavern:

medieval-tavern-u-krale-brabantskeho-6.jpg

http://www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp?PlaceID=1323

Best wishes... Bence

Happy memories of Prague and Novo Mesto which I visited a few too many years ago on an exchange with the local running club

Archived