Gibson Brands Forums

Girl Power...ISIS achillies heal.

RowdyMoon

All I can really say is, wow.

Isis is evil, no doubt. No need to debate that, is there? I suppose we could.

The methods of attacking innocent people prove that. My heart does bleed for those they attack, not just Americans, not just The French, but ALL they are killing, including Syrians and Iraqis.

If propaganda plays a role, and perhaps, if that causes justification for such attacks, then examine the heart. One's heart is the only thing that will see through propaganda.

Are you trolling me? You throw around sweeping statements about good and evil with nothing to support them and somehow you feel like you've made a point that merits a response?

If you want to demonstrate your wisdom, say something.

So which arabs are evil in your eyes then? Just the caliphate? Why are they evil? Is the Syrian gov't also evil? You know, since the US supplied the Syrian rebels? Or maybe also the Iraqis too since the US invaded it to keep the WMDs out of Hussein's hands? Or because Hussein threatened to kill President Bush's Dad. Are the Afghan people evil? Are any other people evil? DPRK? Are you one of the folks who believes in the "axis of evil?"

And what makes the US good? What qualifies the US to be the arbiter of good and evil and to intervene in such affairs?

I'm not sure I understand when you say "Are you trolling me?".

I never said Arabs were evil.

I never said that the U.S was good or " arbiter of good and evil and to intervene in such affairs"

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for the quote "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" that is from Irish orator, philosopher, & politician Edmund Burke1729 - 1797

Ian

Any "War" on ISIS will only be won, by addressing, and (if possible) rooting out the real causes(s)/ideologies,

that lead to such groups, in the first place. Good Luck, with that! [unsure][tongue] These people have been

slaughtering one another, and anyone else in close proximity, for THOUSANDS of years!

The "West" isn't going to change that, anytime soon! IF ever?!! The best we can hope for, is some kind of "containment,"

and to prevent the total destruction, of Israel...Iran's stated, and ultimate goal!

Otherwise, you have only the extended war(s) of attrition! (Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan (Russian, and American), etc., etc., etc.!

Aren't we All (the world) sick of it, yet?! I guess not...we keep doing it, over and over, and over!! [cursing][crying]

CB

I'm not sure I understand when you say "Are you trolling me?".

I never said Arabs were evil.

I never said that the U.S was good or " arbiter of good and evil and to intervene in such affairs"

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for the quote "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" that is from Irish orator, philosopher, & politician Edmund Burke1729 - 1797

Ian

You posted that quote. Why? Do you know what it means? Do you understand what it implies in this context? I wonder if you've thought about the words and their meaning and how they apply in this conversation. So rather than have me guess at what your point is, why not share it?

You posted that quote. Why? Do you know what it means? Do you understand what it implies in this context? I wonder if you've thought about the words and their meaning and how they apply in this conversation. So rather than have me guess at what your point is, why not share it?

How 'bout you guess at the meaning of this..

If you don't understand it, I'm not going to explain it to you. I spent a proportion of my working life educating children with learning difficulty's, I'm not about to start again now. I really don't have the time, energy or inclination to explain the bleeding obvious, if you don't understand ask an adult to explain.

Ian

If you don't understand it, I'm not going to explain it to you. I spent a proportion of my working life educating children with learning difficulty's, I'm not about to start again now. I really don't have the time, energy or inclination to explain the bleeding obvious, if you don't understand ask an adult to explain.

Ian

So you are just trolling. In that case, I recommend teaching yourself how to use the apostrophe, then pass that knowledge along.

Sometimes people chose not to continue a contentious point rather than get into an argument, doesnt mean they have backed down.

During WW11 a lot of young American boys died in the Pacific theatre. Whether the intention was to protect Australia, or for other reasons is immaterial, as apart from bombing in our north we were never invaded, an otherwise likely outcome.

I volunteered for Vietnam to help pay back that debt.

Not lost on this American, Resident old fart.

Aussies have been there fighting right alongside since WWI.

Girl Power - the photo of Tashfeen Malik coming into the states looking at the camera with a look of, I am going to kill someone, is upsetting. That's my take on it. A photo says a lot. Not speaking for anyone else though, my take.

Archived