Gibson Brands Forums

Something in the Way She Moves

Avery

That is a great song. I have never listened much to James Taylor. Don't know why that is, really. His songs are great. What would be a good album to start with? (I don't do streaming...yet)

You have a very smooth and gentle voice. It fits very well with a JT style song. The guitar also sounds great! I really enjoyed it. And don't bother about a few flubbers. Music is not about perfection. Joe Strummer was far from perfect, and he is one of the best, at least in my book.

Lars

That is a great song. I have never listened much to James Taylor. Don't know why that is, really. His songs are great. What would be a good album to start with? (I don't do streaming...yet)

You have a very smooth and gentle voice. It fits very well with a JT style song. The guitar also sounds great! I really enjoyed it. And don't bother about a few flubbers. Music is not about perfection. Joe Strummer was far from perfect, and he is one of the best, at least in my book.

Lars

Thanks, Lars. I always like his greatest hits album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNWLHXMhi08

And this concert he did in 1970 with just an acoustic guitar, no band:

Another nice JT song Avery - well done - these songs are perfect for you.

And Lars - any James Taylor album is good but try one of his Greatest Hits or Best Of - you should get some all time favourite tracks on one of these.

Just thinking back almost 20 years - I was studying to qualify as a social worker - I listened to James Taylor whilst writing all my essays and assignments. He must have inspired me as I qualified aged 51

Another nice JT song Avery - well done - these songs are perfect for you.

And Lars - any James Taylor album is good but try one of his Greatest Hits or Best Of - you should get some all time favourite tracks on one of these.

Just thinking back almost 20 years - I was studying to qualify as a social worker - I listened to James Taylor whilst writing all my essays and assignments. He must have inspired me as I qualified aged 51

Thanks, much appreciated. I find his music really soothing, especially that BBC concert he did. The whole thing is available on YouTube.

1. j15 sounds great.

2. Nailed the vocals and JT vibe.

Avery... Go get some gigs. Work on two sets of ten songs for a coffee shop. You're there. I'd see you and might even toss you a shiny nickel.

Awesome job.

That's the best compliment you can give anybody, thanks. That's something that's always been in the back of my mind. I'm a week or two away from getting more comfortable with all those chord changes. At the moment it's a little off and I have to think too much. The barre chord sequence was a little rough. :-)

That's the best compliment you can give anybody, thanks. That's something that's always been in the back of my mind. I'm a week or two away from getting more comfortable with all those chord changes. At the moment it's a little off and I have to think too much. The barre chord sequence was a little rough. :-)

Fantastic work again Avery. Geez Sal throwing in a nickel? Ha! Id be pumped if i got a penny thrown my way.

Thanks Kwalker. I could listen to you sing country music all day.

And thanks Sparquelito. Much appreciated.

I need to keep working on this song, since I'm not all there yet. I've spent two weeks on it so far. Need several more to get it down so the chord changes are more fluid.

That was great Avery. I've just been working on "Carolina In My Mind". You really have James' funky style of fingerpicking / pick strum down! I have to get every nuance of his hammer on / pull offs and leading bass work down before I can even think of memorizing the lyrics.

Well done indeed!

That was great Avery. I've just been working on "Carolina In My Mind". You really have James' funky style of fingerpicking / pick strum down! I have to get every nuance of his hammer on / pull offs and leading bass work down before I can even think of memorizing the lyrics.

Well done indeed!

Thanks a lot. "Carolina in My Mind" is the next JT song I want to learn. But I might need a little break. Learning James Taylor songs knocks me out.

These lessons are incredibly helpful for me: https://www.jerrysguitarbar.com/guitar-video-lessons/the-artist-collections/james-taylor-guitar-lessons/

Each song is around six bucks.

Thanks a lot. "Carolina in My Mind" is the next JT song I want to learn. But I might need a little break. Learning James Taylor songs knocks me out.

These lessons are incredibly helpful for me: https://www.jerrysguitarbar.com/guitar-video-lessons/the-artist-collections/james-taylor-guitar-lessons/

Each song is around six bucks.

Have James show you how to play it himself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-5czYJvPM&index=2&list=PL4C7B31793C012820

You guys have more patience than I do. As well as skill. Songs like this I find so hard to do as well, or sometimes even as close to, the great playing of the original artists. I often instead come up with something that gets me 80% there.

52 Vincent Black Lightening is another one where the artist playing is quite intricate and difficult to get down. My own version gets me 80% there...

Call me 80% Sal.

You guys have more patience than I do. Error... And skill. Songs like this I find so hard to do as well, or sometimes even as close to, the great playing of the original artists. I often instead come up with something that gets me 80% there.

52 Vincent Black Lightening is another one where the artist playing is quite intricate and difficult to get down. My own version gets me 80% there...

Call me 80% Sal.

If you were 66% , we could call you al

Archived