Gibson Brands Forums

Jim Ringer

OldCowboy

Guess not, huh? Anyhow, he was a pretty good country/folk guitarist and singer/songwriter with a following throughout the 1970s. Toured with Mary McCaslin during that era. Happened to think of him since his birthday falls on Leap Year Day.

do not remember him at all sorry, but always ready to listen.

I apologize for being too low tech to provide some links for Ringer/Ringer & McCaslin, but Google can help you find places for a free listen or two. He/They were among a genre(?) that included Bruce "Utah" Phillips and such who recorded extensively for Philo Records. Hope you enjoy if you're able to follow through with searching. Thank you for responding - I feel like an anachronism sometimes, but maybe just old!

I liked that one too, OldCowboy. Thanks from here as well.

The car in the clip posted by Murph intrigued me so I googled Geronimo and found out more about him in ten mins than I had done in the rest of my life so far. Interesting reading. Sadly (from the song-title point-of-view) the car in the pic isn't a Cadillac at all but a 1905 'Locomobile' but even that part of the story has an interesting tale to tell!

Very interesting post all round. Thanks, chaps!

[thumbup]

Pip.

I liked that one too, OldCowboy. Thanks from here as well.

The car in the clip posted by Murph intrigued me so I googled Geronimo and found out more about him in ten mins than I had done in the rest of my life so far. Interesting reading. Sadly (from the song-title point-of-view) the car in the pic isn't a Cadillac at all but a 1905 'Locomobile' but even that part of the story has an interesting tale to tell!

Very interesting post all round. Thanks, chaps!

[thumbup]

Pip.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it; interesting information about the car!

Archived