Gibson Brands Forums

NGD J200 Content

kidblast

BK, as is always the deal with flammed maple, the reflection of light (especially sunlight) reveals or hides the depth of the grain.

just a side note, have any of you experienced the following w/the Anthem Pup?

I can get intermittent static sounds that come thru the pickup when the guitar is plugged in and some movement happens. Knowing how nitro is a magnet for static electricity I used a cotton cloth and rub the sides, and sure enough. the same sounds emit from the amp with no movement at all.

Sweetwater and Anthem are engaged, and we are working towards a remedy, Apparently there is some shielding paint applied during the Anthem install, and there are some known issues pointing to this as the culprit. It's not a deal breaker at this point. But I thought I'd mention, to see if any Anthem users have noticed this.

it's "possible" i may have to do something about this... LR Baggs is sending me some additional clips to secure the cable system, as that is one known source of unwanted noise.

If that doesn't work, I will consult the people I'm working with at sweetwater (Stuart and Adam, who so far have been very responsive)

I suppose if worse comes to worse I may be looking at 3 options

1: a direct replacement, (Which I don't really want to do, as the play-ability of this one is perfect, and well,, it's mine,, I've bonded!! :) )

2: Sweetwater will address it in an expedited fashion in their repair facility (they are a fully authorized / certified Gibson warranty site) but this means additional FedEx overnight trips from me to them, then back. .. my baby... no....!

3: lastly, hook up with a Gibson Warranty Facility about a half hour away from me.

bummed? a little bit..

overly concerned,

not in the least. Sweetwater will do what ever it takes, I'm pretty sure of that.

A lovely guitar to be sure. Beauty and the 'blast!

ha! Nice...

Totally stunning , just love the burst on the back of the neck ( the icing on a wonderful cake ) enjoy making great music together

the flames that show up on the maple there didn't hurt either I spose.

Hey man welcome to the other side ! Enjoy that new smell ! It's a smell that will never go away, no matter how old you get! You mentioned previously it's a good feeling knowing you don't have to give it BACK!!!!

Congradulations !!!!!!!!!!! You're experiencing sounds of what I call "purity" I had never heard before. I think you know what I'm speaking of. Again, it's ALL YOURS !

BTW, how wide is the nut on it?

I'll check that MP..

and perhaps it's true, the tonal droppings from heaven may be more suspect from a Humingbird, but, move over, there's some here too! Boom!

The more I have hands on this, the more I get what have read from you guys since I joined the forum.

these are "holy crap, what took me so long" kind of amazing...

the tone projection is unlike anything I've felt before, it has to have a bit to do with that break angle,

the vibrations are insane... what a friggen GAS!

I'll get a recording of something to soundcloud as soon as possible. I'd do a video but my gear for that is junk..

btw. this anthem system is the friggen bomb. and all these years, I went with fishmans, who'd a thunk..

other than my les pauls, which they have to bury me with, - and now make some room for a jumbo - this is the best purchase I've ever made. I waited a long time, and ya know what, I should have jumped sooner,

game changers..

hey, is there anything better than the smell of Nitro in the evening???????

anything??? right, didn't think so.

Rock on bruthas..

What a magnificent instrument! Congrats! I'm glad you have the LR Baggs anthem system instead of the Aura.

PS: kudos on getting the popping/static issue resolved. Good for Sweetwater! It did sound like some sort of grounding issue.

It did sound like some sort of grounding issue.

Yea, definitely. just touching the mesh cable that ran to the bridge stopped it from happening.

Not that I care a lot but not sure what they will do with the guitar. there's nothing wrong with other than the pickup

Archived