Gibson Brands Forums

Axl Rose to join AC/DC?

Rabs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mickey, Hayden:

I too think they should pack it in. But the prospect of Axl juggling the Guns tour AND the AC/DC tour... I want to see how it pans out. It can only go two ways: train wreck, or all good.

You can't fault Axl as an artist: he wrote "Breakdown". You can't say it's not a perfect ten.

The whole thing's tainted, though. Malcolm's dementia, Brian possibly going deaf.

Sad. Malcolm was an amazing guitar player.

Mickey, Hayden:

I too think they should pack it in. But the prospect of Axl juggling the Guns tour AND the AC/DC tour... I want to see how it pans out. It can only go two ways: train wreck, or all good.

You can't fault Axl as an artist: he wrote "Breakdown". You can't say it's not a perfect ten.

The whole thing's tainted, though. Malcolm's dementia, Brian possibly going deaf.

Sad. Malcolm was an amazing guitar player.

To me Axl voice/tone doesn't match AC/DC sound

4H

4H: I agree.

I just can't help but follow the soap opera, though. Last year, you'd have to book Axl a day in advance, because he'd be a day late. He singlehandedly ruined a book year for Geffen. He cancelled FOUR world tours in a row.

And now he's gonna tour with TWO bands?

It has the ingredients for two new Spïnal Tap movies.

I'm no spotty-faced oik rubbing my hands at the decidedly crap odds. I hope he pulls through.

We'll see.

Maybe Axl HAS grown, as a man.

Everybody deserves a second chance. Or a third. Or a fourth....

I see irony here. It's been twenty years since the "real" Guns and Roses have been together, and I can't think of any band that has had fans wanting to see a reunion for so long, OR not give credit to a current version as not being the real deal for so long. Clearly, the fans want the real GNR, or not hardly any GNR at all.

Never seen such loyalty for so long, point there.

Then on the other side, you have the man, who had run out his own band, filling in for such respected folks of an even MORE significant band.

See it?

I think a LOT of grace has been extended this guy.

If he is able to eat all the humble pie on his menu, and turn around and extend the same grace he has been given, I can only imagine what that would do. Actually I can't, but it would have to be good.

Why is AX sitting on a Foo Fighters game of thrones chair....guess I missed something..........and not that I care for " cutting Heads " as I believe all band mates should work together to showcase the other but ya, give me some Angus over Slash any day of the week.!.....[thumbup]

4H: I agree.

I just can't help but follow the soap opera, though. Last year, you'd have to book Axl a day in advance, because he'd be a day late. He singlehandedly ruined a book year for Geffen. He cancelled FOUR world tours in a row.

And now he's gonna tour with TWO bands?

It has the ingredients for two new Spïnal Tap movies.

I'm no spotty-faced oik rubbing my hands at the decidedly crap odds. I hope he pulls through.

We'll see.

I agree with you too Pinch , I don't see him fulfillng his agreement with two dfferent bands when he couldn't do it with G&R

4H

At the same time, maybe he'll surprise us all.

He's headstrong, and - although that's just my personal opinion - few people can touch him when he's at his best. He lost the weight. And even his worst detractors who've seen the Axl-Slash-Duff show... I mean, to a man, they've all said "that was REALLY good".

If I were to wager a guess, he's on the warpath.

Just a gut feeling.

Archived