Axl Rose to join AC/DC?

Rabs

Just read it on yahoo news and was/is intrigued.... [biggrin]

They are big names and mean a lot to M's of people.... :blink:

It could all be a 'wind-up'....which is part of the fun

Personally never dug G'n R's....but many folks seem to... [unsure]

Enjoyed AC/DC up to a point because of the humour and gymnastics... [thumbup]

And because Bon was a champion bagpiper...(huge) [thumbup]

Never thought Brian was particularly great vocally...but an honest Geordie lad nevertheless..

Generally people warm to bands that give 110%

So if this is the case....good luck...!!

After all, AC/DC lay down the meanest rhythms in Rock Land.... :blink:

V

:-({|=

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a bit confused about the whole thing.

On first hearing the news, it seemed there wasn't a choice. But then rumors that Mr. Johnson still wants to be in the band, and his hearing isn't as bad as first reported.

Who in their right mind would CHOOSE Axl as a bandmember?

Seems Angus also might have dementia.

FIrst was the rumor from Jim Breuer that Brian Johnson was kicked to the curb,yadda yadda yadda.

Truth came out Breuer put his foot in his mouth

Now this rumor and it too will be debunked in time.

Don't believe everything you read.

Bands like AC/DC ,who keep private seem to be targeted by gossip and rumor spreading idiots as of lately

FIrst was the rumor from Jim Breuer that Brian Johnson was kicked to the curb,yadda yadda yadda.

Truth came out Breuer put his foot in his mouth

So, what is the real scoop then? What IS going on with Mr. Johnson, and with Mr. Johnson and AC/DC?

I'll sit this one out. I don't believe for a second they'd even book a WEEK with Axl. And I think Axl is one insaaaaanely talented mofo. It's just that he has so many issues, he's not really cut out for touring.

Like I said, I liked "Chinese...", but it took ten years and $100 million. To quote Robin Finck when he quit, "after five years, I really couldn't work on 'Song 39' anymore."

I'd love it for the Axl/Slash/Duff-thing to work. Not holding my breath, though.

After watching that abomination. My answer is No no no no. He doesn't suit at all. If they want a singer, they should have an unknown like Journey did. Arnel Pineda has been great for them.

I think Journey should just bite the bullet and get a female lead vocalist.

Yeah well, at ticket prices today, you don't "give it a chance". Last concert I considered even going to was the Fleetwood Mac reunion, and we were supposed to "give it a chance" as they were attempting to gel again. Whatever. 800 bux a seat. EIGHT HUNDRED a seat. Give it a chance? sheeeyayuh.

rct

Well, as I'm not a fan of AD/DC I just thought Axl might make it more interesting. I did see AC/DC many years ago, with Bon Scott and walked out after 3 or 4 numbers, they were really bad.

I also saw Fleetwood Mac last year and they were ok, but I thought the tickets were expensive (£125 each)but that's no way near $800! I always thought tickets in the States were cheap compared to the UK, so perhaps not! As I said Fleetwood Mac were ok, but not the £300 ok that it cost for my Wife and I with accommodation.

Ian

Well, as I'm not a fan of AD/DC I just thought Axl might make it more interesting. I did see AC/DC many years ago, with Bon Scott and walked out after 3 or 4 numbers, they were really bad.

I also saw Fleetwood Mac last year and they were ok, but I thought the tickets were expensive (£125 each)but that's no way near $800! I always thought tickets in the States were cheap compared to the UK, so perhaps not! As I said Fleetwood Mac were ok, but not the £300 ok that it cost for my Wife and I with accommodation.

Ian

What was so bad? Sound,playing,vocal or that you just don't like AC-DC

As i'm born in '73, i'v never seen AC-DC with Bon Live.

I'm a Big Bon AC-DC era fan

The records

High Voltage

Dirty Deeds

Let There Be Rock

Powerage

All are brilliant for me, i never get tierd of 'em

After Powerage they got a new Producer and lost something they never found again

But all AC-DC records have something in them i can enjoy

Axl Rose, i'm skeptic but let's see

At the AC-DC forum there's a rumor that Phil Conalane might be the new singer.

But it's a rumor

Can't remember who posted it, but I agree with him: Angry Anderson would make it a semi-decent cover band.

Mal was the backbone, anyway. Shame. He's not my favorite player on planet Earth, but just try filling them shoes.

Gawd, we're all getting old.

Mal was the backbone, anyway. Shame. He's not my favorite player on planet Earth, but just try filling them shoes.

Couldn't have said it better - hardest-driving rhythm I've ever felt.

Just a note with perhaps some relevance... [unsure]

I paid £145 to see Paul McCartney last May.... [thumbup]

IMO a 'fab' concert of 2.5+ hrs with a bullet proof repertoire and no slack times

Bands like Fleetwood Mac have(maybe) the additional attraction of the 2 ladies... [thumbup]

So show biz rules :blink:

If a show sells out at whatever price...the venue and promoter have done a good job

V

:-({|=

What was so bad? Sound,playing,vocal or that you just don't like AC-DC

As i'm born in '73, i'v never seen AC-DC with Bon Live.

I'm a Big Bon AC-DC era fan

The records

High Voltage

Dirty Deeds

Let There Be Rock

Powerage

All are brilliant for me, i never get tierd of 'em

After Powerage they got a new Producer and lost something they never found again

But all AC-DC records have something in them i can enjoy

Axl Rose, i'm skeptic but let's see

At the AC-DC forum there's a rumor that Phil Conalane might be the new singer.

But it's a rumor

Hi,

The sound was awful, far to loud for the hall and I wonder if they'd done a sound check at all.

To be fair, quite a few bands came to grief with the acoustics of that hall, King George's Hall, Blackburn, Lancashire, amongst them Blondie (booed off stage) Wishbone Ash, The Sex Pistols (but you couldn't really tell) and even Gary Moore, to name just a few!

Some bands did however manage to make the acoustics work for them namely Camel, Mott the Hoople, Queen, Rory Gallagher, The Jam, Elvis Costello and the Attractions and Judas Priest, so it obviously can be done!

Regarding ticket prices, the average then was about £2.50 ($3.5 to $4, roughly)so my mates and I would go their mid week if any bands name caught our eye (we'd never heard of Judas Priest at the time, but their name sounded good!). Probably the best £2.50 was the first live band I saw when my older Sister took me to see Mott the Hoople supported by Queen! not bad for £2.50.

Ian

I'll sit this one out. I don't believe for a second they'd even book a WEEK with Axl. And I think Axl is one insaaaaanely talented mofo. It's just that he has so many issues, he's not really cut out for touring.

Like I said, I liked "Chinese...", but it took ten years and $100 million. To quote Robin Finck when he quit, "after five years, I really couldn't work on 'Song 39' anymore."

I'd love it for the Axl/Slash/Duff-thing to work. Not holding my breath, though.

Well it does seem to be more and more like he is going to be doing it.. Still no official announcement though

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/28/axl-rose-ac-dc-in-studio/

They have been spotted at the same studio (or is that stalked??)

0328-axl-rose-acdc-tmz-22_zps1tavwv2j.jpg

0328-axl-rose-acdc-tmz-20_zps8cqcqtno.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm sorry to hear that.

Although, I can't really talk, as I have never seen them, and really wasn't planning to see them.

But in all honesty, I DEFINITELY wouldn't want to see them now, and not with Axl. No appeal for me at all. Personally, I don't see any reason to even support such a matching. Even if they did well, I wouldn't care.

It's their band and their life, and they are the ones playing the music and calling the shots. I gotta respect that, but man. It's really a challenge in this case.

I care more about how Mr. Johnson is doing. I hope things are well with him.

Wow.. and did you see.. Angus joined GnR at their show just to confirm things.. Yikes .. Who would ever have seen this coming..

This is the official statement on AC/DCs web site

"AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian's decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment. AC/DC will resume their Rock Or Bust World Tour with Axl Rose joining on vocals. The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced (see below for full itinerary). Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N Roses, Not In This Lifetime Summer Stadium Tour. The 10 postponed U.S shows will be rescheduled and announced imminently, also with Axl Rose. - See more at: http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=278#sthash.AeFT3sOP.dpuf

Interesting.

Call me a cock-eyed optimist, but I think maybe he's grown up a little. At least I hope so. I'm a fan since Hollywood Rose - I just never bought a ticket, because he was never on time. I wasn't gonna chance having to find a hotel room at four in the morning because his spiritual advisor told him he should keep the crowd waiting for four hours.

Interesting.

Call me a cock-eyed optimist, but I think maybe he's grown up a little. At least I hope so. I'm a fan since Hollywood Rose - I just never bought a ticket, because he was never on time. I wasn't gonna chance having to find a hotel room at four in the morning because his spiritual advisor told him he should keep the crowd waiting for four hours.

While I think Axl is a bit of a bell end.. I don't hate... And I certainly want the best for AC/DC and co... Its kinda sad the way this has all happened.. But hey, maybe they will be kick arse shows and Axl will have respect for what hes been asked to do... and not throw an on stage temper tantrum when he gets upset with something.

We will soon see I guess.

Archived