Gibson Brands Forums

NPD!

darling67

Nice! Is this new? Sounds cool. I need to check out some videos of this. I have a B9 and love it, so I may have to add one of these in my collection if it's as good as I think it will be.

Yeah, it's fairly new Guitar God... like a month-or-two new.

I can vouch for it. Awesome pedal, with some very useful sounds. I just used it live, but it would probably prove most dangerous in the studio. [wink]

Okay the Mel 9 is next on my list however I wanted to provide the reason(s) I haven't gotten around to getting one yet. Because in the past week I bought these. [drool]

Monterey_Special_Germanium_Blue_Face_Keeley.jpg

IMG_5871_2048x2048.JPG?v=1437848674

fl8zcs2fzu7go6jdd9bo.jpg

I am currently in the process of doing structural damage to my home :o :)

Ooooh now these I can get into! Nice haul!

How's the Monterey? I love the blue finish on that one

Ooooh now these I can get into! Nice haul!

How's the Monterey? I love the blue finish on that one

When it arrived I spent two entire evenings with it sampling & tweaking each effect and blending them at varying levels to see what all I could elicit out of this very expensive ($400) pedal. It did not disappoint. And I'm pretty certain I haven't elicited even half of what it's capable of yet. When you get to certain settings you stop experimenting for awhile just to jam your socks off enjoying the groove :o :)

Initially before ordering, I watched some of the demo videos (one of my favorites was Rob Balducci using it at the Guitar Show in Texas recently). I saw him in concert in Kansas City at the Emporium 10 years ago with Robert Keeley & Balducci is one hell of a guitar slinger so I particularly wanted to hear what that guy could do with it. Back in the day I had owned a Captain Coconut II made by Dave Fox of Foxrox and ended up selling it for 4 times what it sold for new when he stopped producing them. I loved the super profit but later regretted having sold it. It was the essential Hendrix in a box. The prices on those now, when you can find them, are significantly more that Keeley's new creation. Now if you're not a germanium devotee like I am - you can get the standard Monterey version for a $100 cheaper.

These are crazy good days we're living in with the slew of effects available - like the OP with his new EHX Mel 9 and it keeps what we're all doing interesting, elevating & excited even after all these years of playing. Man when I started out I had 2 pedals - an MXR Distortion + and a Cry Baby Wah. We've come a long long way. & I'm loving every single minute of it. [thumbup]

"If the sun refuse to shine,

I don't mind, I don't mind,

If the mountains fell in the sea,

let it be, it ain't me.

Alright, 'cos I got my own world to look through,

And I ain't gonna copy you.

Now if 6 turned out to be 9,

I don't mind, I don't mind... " B)

When it arrived I spent two entire evenings with it sampling & tweaking each effect and blending them at varying levels to see what all I could elicit out of this very expensive ($400) pedal. It did not disappoint. And I'm pretty certain I haven't elicited even half of what it's capable of yet. When you get to certain settings you stop experimenting for awhile just to jam your socks off enjoying the groove :o :)

Initially before ordering, I watched some of the demo videos (one of my favorites was Rob Balducci using it at the Guitar Show in Texas recently). I saw him in concert in Kansas City at the Emporium 10 years ago with Robert Keeley & Balducci is one hell of a guitar slinger so I particularly wanted to hear what that guy could do with it. Back in the day I had owned a Captain Coconut II made by Dave Fox of Foxrox and ended up selling it for 4 times what it sold for new when he stopped producing them. I loved the super profit but later regretted having sold it. It was the essential Hendrix in a box. The prices on those now, when you can find them, are significantly more that Keeley's new creation. Now if you're not a germanium devotee like I am - you can get the standard Monterey version for a $100 cheaper.

These are crazy good days we're living in with the slew of effects available - like the OP with his new EHX Mel 9 and it keeps what we're all doing interesting, elevating & excited even after all these years of playing. Man when I started out I had 2 pedals - an MXR Distortion + and a Cry Baby Wah. We've come a long long way. & I'm loving every single minute of it. [thumbup]

"If the sun refuse to shine,

I don't mind, I don't mind,

If the mountains fell in the sea,

let it be, it ain't me.

Alright, 'cos I got my own world to look through,

And I ain't gonna copy you.

Now if 6 turned out to be 9,

I don't mind, I don't mind... " B)

Yeah, I'm just a little bit of a Ge fan [biggrin]

That sounds awesome. I'm gonna check out that demo.

Do you know what the fuzz section is based on? I'm guessing it's an Octavia kinda thing?

Yeah, I'm just a little bit of a Ge fan [biggrin]

That sounds awesome. I'm gonna check out that demo.

Do you know what the fuzz section is based on? I'm guessing it's an Octavia kinda thing?

From product verbiage:

"The Fuzz side is based on the vintage two transistor design and uses 1960s vintage Fairchild transistors. The low gain transistors offer an incredible range of fuzz, just the right amount of edge and smoothness. It works well with a buffer and volume control dynamics are easy."

What that essentially is saying is dayum that sounds good :)

From product verbiage:

"The Fuzz side is based on the vintage two transistor design and uses 1960s vintage Fairchild transistors. The low gain transistors offer an incredible range of fuzz, just the right amount of edge and smoothness. It works well with a buffer and volume control dynamics are easy."

What that essentially is saying is dayum that sounds good :)

It's also saying it's a fuzz face, thanks! I wonder how the octave control is implemented. I'm thinking the vibe may be digital, and the octave control may have been a way of using up extra potential from the processor. Only speculation though!

Yeah, it's fairly new Guitar God... like a month-or-two new.

I can vouch for it. Awesome pedal, with some very useful sounds. I just used it live, but it would probably prove most dangerous in the studio. [wink]

Watched a video on it and it sounds pretty awesome! May have to add one to the collection.

Archived