Gibson Brands Forums

Bought a new Gretsch

RevDavidLee

Nice! Beautiful. I have one, too, but in Aspen Green. How are you liking it?

Not sure if I like it or not as it hasn't been delivered yet... [smile]

It will be here tomorrow! The case arrived today [laugh]

I am thankful that they took the time to inspect it & set it up & I understand what you guys are saying. If more places did that there would be a lot less returns. Look for pictures tomorrow [drool]

Bravo! A fine looking piece; great colour and you got the one with the good Gretsch inlays (the thumbnails at the edge)! Much more preferable to me over the other sort they do.

It's here! [love] [love] [love] [love] [love] Took some photos & will upload soon. Gotta tune her up & punch through an amp for a bit first. This is one stunningly beautiful guitar. Chicago Music Exchange packed this like a newborn - setup is p-e-r-f-e-c-t! Love those guys! [wub]

Congrat's Rev, that's a beauty. I have a couple of Gretsch's, a 5122 double cut and a 5422tdc12 string. Love 'em both. I've found that Gretsch is a lot like Ovation...you like 'em or you don't. I like both. Again, congrats and enjoy!

G1FB_zpsdqggbafx.jpg

Okay quick pic because I want to play this one a lot more & posting a bunch of pics is taking me away from that sooooo - I LOVE THIS GUITAR!!!!!! Damn! Back later.. much later [drool]

Congrats Rev, I've got a G5120 in wine red. 125th anniversary model, looks an awful lot like yours. Only problem I have with it, is the electronics aren't that strong.{was an inexpensive model ,think I paid $599 for it} I love my Gibsons, but there is something about the neck of the Gretsch that feels like magic.

TC

Archived