Gibson Brands Forums

Official HUMMINGBIRD owners thread!

BirdMan81

2 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

Haven't looked at this thread for quite a while.  In the interim I bought a second Hummingbird.  I was looking for a short scale dreadnaught with a maple body and Sweetwater came out with these exclusives.  I would have preferred a different finish than the "Viper Blue", but the tone of the maple and the playability were paramount so here it is:

dlmMwDX.jpg 

You gotta admit that is striking!   I kinda like it!

The body is quilted maple, but because of the finish you can't see the grain very well.  It is growing on me and like I said the tone and the playability were the most important so I don't mind it.  But it would have been really nice in a natural finish so you could see the quilted maple better.

JGCR02k.jpg

On 2/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, Twang Gang said:

The body is quilted maple, but because of the finish you can't see the grain very well.  It is growing on me and like I said the tone and the playability were the most important so I don't mind it.  But it would have been really nice in a natural finish so you could see the quilted maple better.

JGCR02k.jpg

You and Buc could start a club

• 2 weeks later...