Gibson Brands Forums

new gits

jvi

in January I picked up a great j45, stellar wood and sound, then 2 months later I noticed a small cosmetic issue. I let it bug till I exchanged it for another guitar which didnt sound quite as good so off to a luthier for bone nut and saddle, picup removal too, still not the sound I needed.... so back it went, luckily I found the first guitar again and did the deal right then and there, lost 300 bucks but man its 300 well gone and this 45 aint goin no where no how ! if ya find a great one never let it go!! Jim

in January I picked up a great j45, stellar wood and sound, then 2 months later I noticed a small cosmetic issue. I let it bug till I exchanged it for another guitar which didnt sound quite as good so off to a luthier for bone nut and saddle, picup removal too, still not the sound I needed.... so back it went, luckily I found the first guitar again and did the deal right then and there, lost 300 bucks but man its 300 well gone and this 45 aint goin no where no how ! if ya find a great one never let it go!! Jim

obviously there is a limit, but i will overlook a cosmetic flaw if the guitar is THE one. What was the flaw?

-Keith

the flaw was seen by looking at the end of the fingerboard from the sound hole, the end of the board looked like the rosewood was perhaps split a little, a faint line seen from above for 2 frets, very insignificant I believe,if it wasnt for the battery I would never have noticed, overall my bad that somehow worked out. Dont "fret" the small stuff is my new moto -pun intended, J

I don't know a great deal about cosmetic flaws. For me to notice one, it would likely have to be something major that really stands-out. or perhaps maybe if I noticed it "by chance." In all sincerity, I don't know if any of my Gibsons have cosmetic flaws......Still, I can understand people who are very concerned about potential flaws on something that is brand new.

Archived