Gibson Brands Forums

Missed this 'bird

SC_Wannabe

I'm in the "bide your time" camp. If you jump too soon now, because you were so ready, I think you're more likely to fool yourself into the next one. Throttle back a bit, play the guitars you have now, keep adding to the pot, and keep the faith that the 'bird for you is moving into range.

I agree with holding-on to your money until you find what you want. Most of all, don't go out and buy a guitar right now just because you've got the money and you're itching to spend it. I realize it's easy for a guy with several Gibsons, including the "vaunted" bird, to say that, but I think it's good advice (hope it is). There are lots of "used" birds out there. Sam Ash, GC, EBay (if you're inclined), etc. I'd bide-my-time and get what I really want: a Hummingbird. Don't despair...lol....there's one out there. [thumbup] [thumbup]

My advise is not to let someone else know you have a little cash (as we do) and to hang on and add to it if possible until such time as others have noted. If need be, wrap it in asbestos to keep it from burning a hole in your pocket. At least you have a little birdshot (ammo)

In your gun now.

Thanks for the replies. I was just kind of having fun with the "what do I do with my money now" comment. I'll park it in savings and wait for another deal. I doubt I'll see another deal like that again though. Sam Ash had two of those over the past few months, both in mint condition, which makes me wonder if they weren't demos. I really liked the 60's cherry burst and the ADJ bridge, but I suppose a regular Hummingbird would do in a pinch.

Archived