Gibson Brands Forums

Strat pickups

Bluezboy

both of these are probably the best sounding pickups i have ever heard, i hvae more experiance with rocket pickups humbuckers but i have played a guitar the owner made (a strat copy made from warmoth parts) it had his single coils and they sounded great.

www.rocketguitarpickups.com

the other brand is van zandt pickups which are actually made by a guy who made the fender pickups in the 50s and 60s, the best sounding strat i have ever played had these and they sound killer. the guy makes them the same way he did for fender in the early days so they ar basically just like the really nice sounding 50s and 60s pickups. i know a few different luthiers who put van zandts in all their guitars.

http://www.vanzandtpu.com/

either are great, it's up to you to decide what you want.

I have a set of texas specials in my strat and they sound great when you're playing with a little dirt but once you turn up the gain they start to get too muddy so i think i'm going to replace them so any suggestions?

Check out

copperheadpickups.com

got these ( the '59s) in my SRV Strat because the Texas Specials did not do it for me.

They are handwound to 1959 specs and this is what Stevie had in his #1.

Thay have less output but better tone.

If you wanna spend more bucks go for Lindy Fralin Blues Specials.

I have a set of texas specials in my strat and they sound great when you're playing with a little dirt but once you turn up the gain they start to get too muddy so i think i'm going to replace them so any suggestions?

You might try the Samarium Cobalt pickups that Fender uses in their American Deluxe line...they're pretty sweet! <g>

And ditto on getting a good tube amp...it's the best thing you can do to improve your sound.

Cat Daddy

You might try the Samarium Cobalt pickups that Fender uses in their American Deluxe line...they're pretty sweet! <g>

And ditto on getting a good tube amp...it's the best thing you can do to improve your sound.

Cat Daddy

Yep that's what I've got in my Strat (I have a Deluxe) and I agree that they sound much better than Texas Specials' date=' at least to me. I'll admit that I haven't tried the 57/62 pickups though. Here's a link for them.

Archived