Gibson Brands Forums

New Thalia capo

Jalex

I was one of the original kickstarter backers of Thalia Capos. So I guess as a thankyou they sent me an email with a $30 off code on any new capo. I wasn't that interested in another one but had a look at their new website anyway. On their cover page there's a Hummingbird with a cool birdseye maple sunburst finish capo. Anyway call me shallow but I thought it looked cool and it looked a good match for my Hbird, with $30 off why not. I have to say I wasn't impressed with the first Capo I got a last year and rarely used it but they have obviously made some changes and this new one is greatly improved and matches my bird pretty well.

IMG_20161025_095718231.jpg

IMG_20161025_095603058_1.jpg

How about a pic and why is "this" one better then the first one?....In your opinion

The biggest difference I have noticed is the spring tension the new one is way easier to use. Here's a list of changes they made from the originals

https://www.thaliacapos.com/pages/200-series-upgrades?utm_source=remarkety&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=150+Upgrade+-+2nd+Notice&_rmId=5WoYWxMYN3Hxo33A6oPYs6o1ZO0n5

IMG_20161025_130742312.jpg

IMG_20161025_130644141.jpg

IMG_20161025_130951052.jpg

I have been using the new one all morning and I am very impressed with it, I have been using Kyser capo's for years but I think I like this one better.

Yep!! that matches nicely with your guitars finish! [thumbup] $30 off is hard to pass up.

I ordered one last week, showed up on Friday. A nice capo for sure.

I did hear from a lot of ppl that the 2.0s are much improved from the original design.

The proper radius tuning pads definitely help keep the tuning stable. I ordered a set partial pads too, Cool! I have a # of kyser partials, which I have used along with the thalia since it arrived. I can't say they'll "change your world" but it's for sure more than a cut above the other capos I've used for so long now.

I haven't decided if I like the treble side or bass side mounting better.. a bit easier to get on if you come at the neck from the treble side.

I find it easier to use from the bass side, seems a little awkward for me from the treble side.

I agree. The capo is too fat next to my index finger to use from the treble side. I can't fret C, D7 etc as the capo hits my index knuckle even when I have it extremely slanted. Of course none of those reasons are good enough for YouTube critics who claim I'm "doing it wrong".

Wow the burst capo looks great. Thanks for the info I got a,new model with the lighter tension so far it's ok still trying to get the on and off of it.

I didn't get a 30% off that would have been nice but I must say their custom design inlays are beautiful.

I could definitely see a big market for these. I hate having to tweak the tuning when I on/off a capo.

But, I could never justify spending 3x for a capo what I spent for my very first Sears&Roebuck guitar.

And, I don't see spending extra $ for bling on a capo.

So, I'll stick to fiddling between my Kyser and G7.

But - if these were half the price and did what a capo should - easily and flawlessly - I"d spring for one. (Pun intended.)

The only capos I've used , and i have a few , that don't have the tuning issue are the horseshoe shoes ones

Elliot's , Paige .

G7 are good but can have the issue of a string slipping out

Shubb is a good capo but the rubber keeps falling off the underside arm . That'll be me not taking time to loosen it properly before I start to slide it , but still , it's a pain

I use them all and can cope with their foibles , but if you want a capo that effects tuning the least , go for the Paige shaped ones

I could definitely see a big market for these. I hate having to tweak the tuning when I on/off a capo.

But, I could never justify spending 3x for a capo what I spent for my very first Sears&Roebuck guitar.

And, I don't see spending extra $ for bling on a capo.

So, I'll stick to fiddling between my Kyser and G7.

But - if these were half the price and did what a capo should - easily and flawlessly - I"d spring for one. (Pun intended.)

yea that was my thought too.. "$$ Why $$"

after being curious about them for some time, I decided I'd try one. I'm not disappointed, but after all, it is just a capo. a very nice well built capo but sill... a capo. The tuning, is better, with the right radius pads, I will say that..

I agree , yes it's just another capo . IMO,what make it unique is the customization options.

Their inlay options and combinations are numerous allowing you to add a personal custom look to an otherwise

plain guitar tool. I don't think it reinvents the capo but it most definitely allows you to design "your" own look, for a price.

Archived