Gibson Brands Forums

Fender supersonic 22

awel

I have a Fender Supersonic 22 combo at home, and that I will perhaps buy.

I have a Fender Deville Michael Landau that I like but it is 60W and I was never able to put it on more than 2!!! So I want an amp that I can push a bit to get this natural tubes light overdrive

This supersonic sound nice to my ears.

Does anyone has or has had one?

What do you think about it

I've played one, at my dealer's store. It was a Great sounding amp! VERY TEMPTING! [biggrin]

The "noise" may be the overdrive circuit/channel, more than the "clean" channel? Much like an OD

pedal will often add a bit of "noise" to and otherwise clean signal. However, the Supersonic 22,

that I demoed, didn't seem overly "noisy." But, your experiences may differ?

CB

Unless you must have a twin, please do also try the Blues Deluxe reissue.

I already have one, but like I said at the beginning of this post, I really love my Deville Michael Landau, the problem is his 60W, I have to set the Volume between 2 and 2.3 (knowing that 2 you have no sound at all and 2.4 you have all the loudness), 3 is unusable as I will only hear myself when playing not the band anymore.

sadly this is why I am thinking about alternative amp, or does anyone have a solution to enjoy valves sound without being def with a 60W fender amp?

Attenuator? I have used a Palmer one and I found it cut trebles from the original sound

So don't know what to do, I was thinking about a plexiglass wall in front of the amp but not sure it is efficient

I already have one, but like I said at the beginning of this post, I really love my Deville Michael Landau, the problem is his 60W, I have to set the Volume between 2 and 2.3 (knowing that 2 you have no sound at all and 2.4 you have all the loudness), 3 is unusable as I will only hear myself when playing not the band anymore.

OK, I just thought that as the Blues Deluxe is only 40w and 1x12 with master it might have fitted your needs, and it takes drive pedals well with a less aggressive approach than perhaps a Supersonic (at least as an alternative to consider) - they look great in tweed too [biggrin]

OK, I just thought that as the Blues Deluxe is only 40w and 1x12 with master it might have fitted your needs, and it takes drive pedals well with a less aggressive approach than perhaps a Supersonic (at least as an alternative to consider) - they look great in tweed too [biggrin]

the blues deluxe is 40W, my Deville ML is 60W.

Why are you talking about aggessive approach about the supersonic? I have tested it and I have noticed that it is more treble than my deville but I will not say more agressive

the blues deluxe is 40W, my Deville ML is 60W.

Why are you talking about aggessive approach about the supersonic? I have tested it and I have noticed that it is more treble than my deville but I will not say more agressive

I'm not. Simply saying that in my experience the BD doesn't seem to offer the aggressive/hot/high gain - choose whatever word you like - option that you can extract from the Burn channel of a SS (going from some demos of the SS) therefore that might be a consideration one way or the other. Anyway, whatever, it's not my money you're spending - I was just just offering alternatives, not dissing your amp. [unsure]

I'm not. Simply saying that in my experience the BD doesn't seem to offer the aggressive/hot/high gain - choose whatever word you like - option that you can extract from the Burn channel of a SS (going from some demos of the SS) therefore that might be a consideration one way or the other. Anyway, whatever, it's not my money you're spending - I was just just offering alternatives, not dissing your amp. [unsure]

Sorry if you find my post aggressive, not my intention :unsure: I apologies for that

thank you to share your experience with me.

like I said I already had a blues deluxe reissue, and I liked it a lot as well but honestly from my experience Fender amps are really loud (more than modern Marshall, DSL, TSL, ...) and with 40W I will have to set it on 3. and I really want to use Valves smooth natural OD.

I don't think, if I decide to buy the Supersonic, I will use the burn channel, but use the clean that breaks up a bit with my OD pedal to had a bit of sustain.

I used 2 Prosonics for about 15 years, my main one was Zinky chassis, built in Lake Oswego. They were what the Super-Sonic was before it became the Super-Sonic. Cascading gains like a Mesa.

If you are careful with the gains and realize that they work with the master very well, you could put a couple speakers under one of these Super-Sonics and gig the rest of yer days with it. I sold my gigging amps few years ago, but if I was looking to use a tube amp with no pedals again, it'd be one of these for sure. Noisy yes, but tolerable. I had some work done on it and cut the noise considerably, I would assume these Supers are the same ideas.

rct

Archived