Gibson Brands Forums

Wonderful Tonight

Trans

Thanks folks, was just messing around to see what kind of sound I'd get without the real recording gears that I will be saving for and adding to the mix.

Although I would like to add an onboard reverb so there is a little bit of ambiance looming in the background.

I must admit that the Iphone I used did it's justice in capturing the normalcy of the actual so called brightness sound of the 35.

I strummed all over the place to get a nice sweet balanced spot where the brightness deemed tamed. The strings are of stock 11-52.

I've yet to swap them for 12-53/54's soon. [thumbup] .....then maybe I will do a second take. I can do better hehehe! [flapper]

Peace!

Thanks fella's, was just messing around to see what kind of sound I'd get without the real recording gears that I will be saving for and adding to the mix.

I was going to say! The guitar sounded good, but a voice like that needs its own mic! And if you've got a computer, you've got a recording studio for the cost of a USB interface, which will often come with cubase lite or something similar - software that turns your computer into a capable multitrack studio.....

I was going to say! The guitar sounded good, but a voice like that needs its own mic! And if you've got a computer, you've got a recording studio for the cost of a USB interface, which will often come with cubase lite or something similar - software that turns your computer into a capable multitrack studio.....

That is true and that will come into play sooner than you think. Am just so used to live settings and no personal recording on a pro basis model.

There is always a way to add and improve here. Thanks for the input. I guess it could only get better here for all of us right! Lol!![thumbup]

Btw! That voicing is not the real voice I sing normally, it's sort of a down step singing as opposed to the normal tad higher pitch I sing into. Trying to downplay my singing there. Wait until you hear my Maroon Five and Don Henley style ahaha!.....Yeah right and that will be the day soon enough. [scared]

Trans

Sounds nice ! [thumbup]

But it'd be better if voice were a bit louder than guitar.

Correct there sir....I did over and over again listened and yes I stand corrected the voice needs it's own mic and needs to be louder. Great comments fellas, much appreciated. [thumbup]

Trans

Correct there sir....I did over and over again listened and yes I stand corrected the voice needs it's own mic and needs to be louder. Great comments fellas, much appreciated. [thumbup]

Trans

Trans, move microphone just a bit close to your mouth, a bit farther to guitar. Much if you flatpick guitar.

Try to record a sentence, stop, listen, finally find an optimum. Good luck, fella !

Look at my sig, I have a J-35(Ren's hand made reissue 2011) as well, comrade !

Trans, move microphone just a bit close to your mouth, a bit farther to guitar. Much if you flatpick guitar.

Try to record a sentence, stop, listen, finally find an optimum. Good luck, fella !

Look at my sig, I have a J-35(Ren's hand made reissue 2011) as well, comrade !

Wow 35 user you! lol! Thanks brother ......I will surely try your advice as I haven't really dabbled into recording software yet for my laptop just an IPhone for now and a Zoom recorder.

Ren sure made a stink with these 35's....my cousin just got one last week and we played it tonight in tandem at the Hilton party.

Peace!

Wow 35 user you! lol! Thanks brother ......I will surely try your advice as I haven't really dabbled into recording software yet for my laptop just an IPhone for now and a Zoom recorder.

Ren sure made a stink with these 35's....my cousin just got one last week and we played it tonight in tandem at the Hilton party.

Peace!

Trans, Oh Really ! You played Ren's J-35 ? such a coincidence ! How do you feel it sounds ?

But you used "stink" to describe Ren. Any story "with stink" about him ?

BTW, I just refreshed a Banner headstock as my avatar(maybe needs a few days to show up ?), cause I just got a Banner J-45 from Willi in Germany the other day. so we share Banner headstock as our avatar. Would you mind ?

BTW, I just refreshed a Banner headstock as my avatar(maybe needs a few days to show up ?), cause I just got a Banner J-45 from Willi in Germany the other day. so we share Banner headstock as our avatar. Would you mind ?

No I don't mind at all brother! Please leave it on as the BANNER Club has just begun! LOL!!!

Played the 35 last night in tandem with another 2015 model......sounds like a 12 string with so much shimmer and chordal harmony.

The 35 is a keeper as with most. Not yet have I come around on a 45. Played a 45TV and Custom Mystic...sure is grand sounding.

Nothing wrong with the banner model all across....great take on by Gibson.

Trans

It is true vocals would have benefit from higher volume, i feel like you have no reason to hide them :). Still it was great, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mafy31......will be loud and proud next take lol!

I might just have to look at the Apogee contraption people here are recommending me as well. [thumbup]

Trans

Nicely done!!

I played that song to my wife at the close of my wedding reception--one of the cheesiest moments of my life. I still refuse to watch that part of the video--almost 25 yrs now.

That is awesome to hear!.. That song never gets old. You can always turn it into another person's song. A classic I might add. [biggrin]

p.s. That was sort of a stab at it to hear what that tune would sound like on a 35, I've yet to lay her on the Bird [thumbup]

Peace!

Archived