Gibson Brands Forums

I think I finally get it.

redlir

Well after years of playing mostly acoustics and strat 'style' guitars, I went down to my local haunt today in search of a new electric. My mind was pretty set on a PRS when I walked in I must admit, I used one years ago and remember liking the neck and feel.

My friend and salesman at the local shop told me I had to try a Les Paul that had just come in. It was a 2002 standard model with a 60's neck that was built in 2008. Now normally I find Les Paul guitars to be too heavy for my frame and the necks just a tad too fat, so I never gave them much of a chance to get close to me.

This guitar was a whole different story! A little reluctantly I decided to humor him, and I'm very glad I did! This guitar is just the right weight. Just the right size neck and action.... and wowzers.. plugged into a Fulltone OCD and little Peavey Delta Blues, this axe was so rich and warm on all fronts! I'm so happy I found this guitar. It may not be the top of the line LP, but this little number is some serious guitar.

What an inspring instrument.

~R

LPs weren't my style back when. I prefered the look of strats and pointy guitars. Then one day I was at a shop and all I had to jam on was an LP std. and a Fender tube amp. Man I was hooked from then on. I still think every Les Paul owner should own a strat and every strat owner should own a Les Paul, and any Les Paul or strat owner should own a good tube amp :)

I have tried different things but there's nothing like an LP. If you want that sound, you have to get a Gibson LP. Nothing else gets you there. Having "Gibson" on the headstock is more than just a mental thing. I still think they're too damned expensive but when I can get a deal I'll buy another one.

LPs weren't my style back when. I prefered the look of strats and pointy guitars. Then one day I was at a shop and all I had to jam on was an LP std. and a Fender tube amp. Man I was hooked from then on. I still think every Les Paul owner should own a TELE to and every strat owner should own a Les Paul' date=' and any [b']GUITAR[/b] owner should own a good tube amp :)

I have tried different things but there's nothing like an LP. If you want that sound, you have to get a Gibson LP. Nothing else gets you there. Having "Gibson" on the headstock is more than just a mental thing. I still think they're too damned expensive but when I can get a deal I'll buy another one.

There fixed!:)

LPs weren't my style back when. I prefered the look of strats and pointy guitars. Then one day I was at a shop and all I had to jam on was an LP std. and a Fender tube amp. Man I was hooked from then on. I still think every Les Paul owner should own a strat and every strat owner should own a Les Paul' date=' and any Les Paul or strat owner should own a good tube amp =D>[/quote']

My new strat should arrive at GC today. She should be in my hands by 7pm.

Archived