Gibson Brands Forums

This is how it starts...

QuestionMark

uh...no. Rarely do I post more than "Nice!" at the things others put up of themselves, if I even put that. What we do is really personal, all of us puts whatever we put into it, none of it is as easy as we hopefully make it look. I've always thought that if the internet is their outlet it is their outlet. Mine is elsewhere, so i feel no need to put stuff up on the internet that isn't for sale, and I feel no need to say much about others stuff, they worked hard on it, it is what they want, they need no input from me.

rct

👍🏻

Started my granddaughter out right with a Gibson Maestro, I think it was $60 from Walmart.com. These are very cute and surprisingly well made. But unfortunately it sounds and feels like a $60 guitar. But I couldn't resist, just like Grandpa's 1965 J-50, and my Son in Law who has my 1974 J-50. They also make a version with a burst and teardrop pickguard, like a little J-45.

j50+maestro.jpg

Here she is with my Son in Law giving her a slide guitar lesson. For a seven year old, it's pretty comparable in size to an adult with a dreadnaught. If she gets more serious about this, will have to get her a better guitar, but this was a lot of fun. :)

violet+clint.jpg

Awe...that's great to see.

FYI. I had my daughter when she was 7 years old playing a small guitar. After three weeks she confidently handed the guitar back to me and firmly said, "Father, guitar is YOUR thing and dance is MY thing."

She is now 23 years old and to my knowledge has never picked up a guitar, again. BTW, she now dances professionally at Disneyland.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff, a proud father

She is now 23 years old and to my knowledge has never picked up a guitar, again. BTW, she now dances professionally at Disneyland.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff, a proud father

That is awesome and you very much deserve your pride! I hope she does well and has a long career with them! I'm pretty known up in the lounge as a way-too-frequent Disney guest, both coasts.

rct

Do you even own an acoustic? I use two, but not the right flavor for this gathering of delicate fingerstyle arpeggiating plectrummers of the James Taylor catalog.

rct

well...sort of. I had/have a Yamaha FG something which, very much in the spirit of this thread, I gave to my young nephew last year.

I had it a long time, but didn't ever like it. So I'm kind of keeping an eye out for an old Gibson small body guitar, but not with any sense of urgency. Happy to let one find me in time.

well...sort of. I had/have a Yamaha FG something which, very much in the spirit of this thread, I gave to my young nephew last year.

I had it a long time, but didn't ever like it. So I'm kind of keeping an eye out for an old Gibson small body guitar, but not with any sense of urgency. Happy to let one find me in time.

Yes, the right guitar always manages to do that. Good luck.

rct

I've been waiting for the 'right one' to find me. Lottery Ticket, that is.

The ads the Lottery people run on TV say 'If you don't play, you can't win."

Could apply that to acoustic guitars as well !

Archived