Gibson Brands Forums

J-15 is 3 years old, opening up like wow!

hardycreek1

Today is my J-15's 3-year birthday.

Paul at Music Villa in Bozeman said it would open up, and I didn't know exactly what he was talking about. But oh wow, it is so much richer, fuller, with more deep bass and mid tones than when I first brought it home. "Sparkle & Thump"! I was thrilled with the sound the first time I strummed a G chord on it, but the sound now is unbelievable.

Wondering if it will continue to "open up"?

Can't say enough about my J-15, born Feb. 4, 2015.

I think guitars mature just like we do.

We get real bright in our early years, then we mellow with age.

Not counting teenagers, because they are just annoying and weird and over dramatic and.......

Wait, nevermind.

Yeah - one of the benefits of buying a new guitar - you get to experience it's opening up - like a flower.

Or a puppy learning how not to piddle on your slippers in the middle of the night.

Teenagers... better to adopt children when they turn 30 and have a job and no expectations of living with you.

Acoustics - I am convinced they continue to improve for at least 10 years. If they're played.

Today is my J-15's 3-year birthday.

Paul at Music Villa in Bozeman said it would open up, and I didn't know exactly what he was talking about. But oh wow, it is so much richer, fuller, with more deep bass and mid tones than when I first brought it home. "Sparkle & Thump"! I was thrilled with the sound the first time I strummed a G chord on it, but the sound now is unbelievable.

Can't say enough about my J-15, born Feb. 4, 2015.

As a fellow J15 owner (mine is two and a half years old) I'm so happy to hear the good news, can't wait!!

Archived