Gibson Brands Forums

Alex Lifeson ES-355

alpine

I had a bad experience with an airline back in the 80s but i checked my guitar in its regular case with no extra protection . I would think the original carton with extra packing material would get it to you . Surely your dealer should be doing everything to get it to you safely as well . Ive been to Lancashire' date=' my mother is from Reading, Berks .[/quote']Where you get to in Lancashire..........? Lovely part of the world it is....!!!!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why so much talk about how to ship the guitar? If you really cared, you'd get another ticket and have it sit in the seat beside you.

You'd think I'd be happy to hear people are starting to receive their guitars. But I'm not. I just put my fist through some drywall.

Lancaster is really nice and your getting up into the Lake District which is fantastic' date=' did you get up to The Lakes.....?

As for "Blackpool".......classy...??????[/quote']

Ive been through the lake district . Cockermouth, Keswick, Windermere . Spent a few days up there . very nice indeed . Had some nice real ales up there as well .

You'd think I'd be happy to hear people are starting to receive their guitars. But I'm not. I just put my fist through some drywall.

I'm with you.

I ordered mine back in January from a mom and pop gibson dealer near me. Since they only ordered one of them I will more then likey get the last one sometime in June.

My God, its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen or heard... I can't believe I own one after all these years of dreaming about it! This guitar puts all my others (including my '83 Moderne) to shame! Enduroexpert and Differentstrings89 - your guitars are in and waiting for you, and the folks at Wildwood said to say "Hi". I'm so happy Gibson added the engraved "ALEX LIFESON" truss rod cover - it really completes the whole package. To all those still waiting for theirs, I feel for you, but take comfort in knowing that you will NOT be dissapointed when it arrives. Admin - please pass along my sincere thanks and gratitude to Mr. Lifeson and the fine artisans at the Gibson Custom Shop - the finest craftsmen in the world!

Thank you,

Richard W.

Ah, you guys are funny. I have not been here in a while. I spend most of my time over at the Les Paul Forum. When last I posted on this guitar, I included pics from NAMM and had some concern over the trem arm size. I had not realized so much was going on here. I have to wait for mine, since mine is from a dealer other than the big GC monopoly. I should have mine within a couple of weeks. I will proudly post some pics (in front of my Lifeson Sig. Triamp of course!)

My God' date=' its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen or heard... I can't believe I own one after all these years of dreaming about it! This guitar puts all my others (including my '83 Moderne) to shame! Enduroexpert and Differentstrings89 - your guitars are in and waiting for you, and the folks at Wildwood said to say "Hi". I'm so happy Gibson added the engraved "ALEX LIFESON" truss rod cover - it really completes the whole package. To all those still waiting for theirs, I feel for you, but take comfort in knowing that you will NOT be dissapointed when it arrives. Admin - please pass along my sincere thanks and gratitude to Mr. Lifeson and the fine artisans at the Gibson Custom Shop - the finest craftsmen in the world!

Thank you,

Richard W.[/quote']Nice one mate....the flights, accommodation, gig tickets & truck rental are all happening tomorrow........

Are you going to get some photos up for us....?

How I'm going to get any work done over the next 4 weeks is beyond me..........I could have it in the post in a weeks time maybe....????? ..... but that would just spoil all the fun plus I'd not get to meet you fellas for a beer.

The trip was nearly postponed this afternoon as the mate I'm coming over with had to go to Valencia that week working but he somehow managed to shift a whole catalogue photo shoot to an alternative date just to get out for the gig.....I'm glad my friends realise whats important in life..........FUN NOT WORK....!!!!!!

Once travel arrangements are sorted I'll get my email to you and differentstrings89 so we can sort going for a pint out.....

Ok Hope this works this is some photos of my AL ES355 I recieved on Tuesday....pardon the amateur photography the pictures dont capture the true beauty of this baby. Below is a link to photos since I cant figure out how to embed them.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26174621@N07/?saved=1

Aloha

Ohhhhhhhhhhh man thats gorgeous! I can't wait to get mine cheers!

Ok Hope this works this is some photos of my AL ES355 I recieved on Tuesday....pardon the amateur photography the pictures dont capture the true beauty of this baby. Below is a link to photos since I cant figure out how to embed them.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26174621@N07/?saved=1

Aloha

Droooooooooooooooooool...............5 weeks to go....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is f@ckin' gorgeous, oh my good lord, I can't wait......

I just found this forum and read all your replies. I got mine yesterday and in line with you other guys who got theirs, I have to say this guitar is freakin' beautifiul! I also bought mine through MF and wound up with AL 024. The wait was well worth it. It is so beautiful just to look at I had to pause to admire it before taking it out of the case (which is really nice as well). I have a small collection of guitars and I gotta say, the level of fit, finish and workmanship is top drawer on this one. This is now the star of my collection. First order of business is to cover YYZ on it. A worthy initiation I think. Awesome work of art this guitar is. Saw RUSH a couple weeks ago in Orlando. Better than ever. Missed La Villa though. Maybe next tour. The ES was played.

The playability and tones from this guitar are perferct. Just like the appearance fit and finish!

I've noticed that none have popped up on Ebay yet - I hope it stays that way. I would like to see each & every one wind up in the hands of a Lifeson fan who has been dreaming of owning one like we have. I have been playing mine since I woke up this morning & I cant seem to set it down - what a machine!!!

Archived