Gibson Brands Forums

You know you're getting old when...

SteveFord

when you ask your wife to write in her scheduler to remind her to remind you to check your scheduler for your next Dr. appt.  and you still show up a day late ...  that was my morning . 

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Karloff said:

when you ask your wife to write in her scheduler to remind her to remind you to check your scheduler for your next Dr. appt.  and you still show up a day late ...  that was my morning . 

You can still do stupid stuff like that when you're young!

Boris, Many years ago I went to my dentist's office for a regular cleaning.   When I got there, the receptionist said I wasn't on her schedule for that day.    I assured her I had an appointment!    She said she'd fit me in somehow.  

When I was finally sitting in the chair, the dentist said he was truly sorry the receptionist forgot to mark down my appointment.   I told him, yeah...it's okay...but I still have the card she gave me when the appointment was made.  

I pulled out my wallet, and saw that my appointment was for that day...at that time....but the following month!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

You can still do stupid stuff like that when you're young!

Boris, Many years ago I went to my dentist's office for a regular cleaning.   When I got there, the receptionist said I wasn't on her schedule for that day.    I assured her I had an appointment!    She said she'd fit me in somehow.  

When I was finally sitting in the chair, the dentist said he was truly sorry the receptionist forgot to mark down my appointment.   I told him, yeah...it's okay...but I still have the card she gave me when the appointment was made.  

I pulled out my wallet, and saw that my appointment was for that day...at that time....but the following month!

lolol. at least the drive to the Dr's office this morning got me out of work for 40 mins lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Five years ago, I was at work on the airfield, going about routine business.
My cell phone rang.  *brrriiing*

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mr. Sparkman. Are you here yet?"

"Where is here?  And who is this?"

"MAJ Jones. I'm at the Flight Simulator at Fort Campbell. You're giving me my Instrument Check Ride today?"

$#1T.
I was scheduled to give a guy his check ride in the sim. Today.
At Fort Campbell.
178 miles away, or 3 hours by car.
I had forgotten.

"Oh crap. How many hours do you have the device scheduled for?"
(Our Staff Officers normally schedule six or eight hour blocks in the simulator at a time, to catch up on all their training minimums.)

"I need six hours to make my time. Wait, are you not here??"

"I'm on my way. Just continue to log time and practice your maneuvers. I'll be there in two and a half hours."

"You forgot me???"

"I'm on my way. Keep flying!"

I hopped in the Subaru Baja, and began hauling-*** up the highway.
I made it there in two hours and thirty eight minutes flat.
I was doing 85 miles per hour the whole way, and Nashville traffic was kind to me.

I got there, delivered some lunch and a drink to my Staff Major examinee, and sat down at the Instructor Console.
The Major flew his instrument mission brilliantly, and passed the check ride with flying colors.
He laughed about it, I laughed about it, was all had a good laugh about it.

I was still laughing as I drove the 3 hours home again that afternoon.
At an admittedly more leisurely pace.

😔

An-Apache-attack-helicopter-pilot-engage

Edited by sparquelito
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Five years ago, I was at work on the airfield, going about routine business.
My cell phone rang.  *brrriiing*

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mr. Sparkman. Are you here yet?"

"Where is here?  And who is this?"

"MAJ Jones. I'm at the Flight Simulator at Fort Campbell. You're giving me my Instrument Check Ride today?"

$#1T.
I was scheduled to give a guy his check ride in the sim. Today.
At Fort Campbell.
178 miles away, or 3 hours by car.
I had forgotten.

"Oh crap. How many hours do you have the device scheduled for?"
(Our Staff Officers normally schedule six or eight hour blocks in the simulator at a time, to catch up on all their training minimums.)

"I need six hours to make my time. Wait, are you not here??"

"I'm on my way. Just continue to log time and practice your maneuvers. I'll be there in two and a half hours."

"You forgot me???"

"I'm on my way. Keep flying!"

I hopped in the Subaru Baja, and began hauling-*** up the highway.
I made it there in two hours and thirty eight minutes flat.
I was doing 85 miles per hour the whole way, and Nashville traffic was kind to me.

I got there, delivered some lunch and a drink to my Staff Major examinee, and sat down at the Instructor Console.
The Major flew his instrument mission brilliantly, and passed the check ride with flying colors.
He laughed about it, I laughed about it, was all had a good laugh about it.

I was still laughing as I drove the 3 hours home again that afternoon.
At an admittedly more leisurely pace.

😔

An-Apache-attack-helicopter-pilot-engage

I don’t ever remember simulating getting underway. We pulled in the mooring lines and off we sailed.

• Like 1