Gibson Brands Forums

74 les paul deluxe.

buddy light

I had the same guitar in red sparkle finish. They are players! I'd say $1100-$1300. Do you like the sound of mini-hbs? I didn't when I had the guitar way back when, but I've heard other people make them sing. If you don't like them, you can always replace them with p90s with no routing involved. Nice three piece top on this one. Looks good.

I had the same guitar in red sparkle finish. They are players! I'd say $1100-$1300. Do you like the sound of mini-hbs? I didn't when I had the guitar way back when' date=' but I've heard other people make them sing. If you don't like them, you can always replace them with p90s with no routing involved. Nice three piece top on this one. Looks good.[/quote']

I thought the ones with the sparkle finish (Red and Blue) were worth quite a bit more money? As they are harder to find..

Flight959

I thought the ones with the sparkle finish (Red and Blue) were worth quite a bit more money? As they are harder to find..

Flight959

They didn't make many of the sparkle finish deluxes, I think they only made the red in '74 and the blue in '75. I saw a red one on ebay a few months ago, it had a repaired, broken headstock and it went for $2100. I sold mine around 1990 for something like $1000.

Well' date=' I wouldn't buy a ('74) Gibson Les Paul through Ebay; you never know what you're gonna get if you don't play it first. It could be Norlin dog.

[/quote']

And it may be a Norlin gem, like mine. Just because Norlin let some dogs out into the world doesn't mean they are all bad.

On the other hand, I'd never buy a guitar through eBay, period.

My Norlen era Les Paul plays and sounds sweet so I wouldn't discount them. In fact the first LP I played was a 74 deluxe and that is the LP I truly fell in love with. I may buy this one listed if you take too long.... Well, not really I'm out of money right now.

my brother in law lives up on the jersey shore and hes gonna take a look at it for me tomorrow. i told him to offer him $900.00. if he says yes, i told him to grab it. any more $ i said forget it. i'll find out in the am. thanx for the round figures. i figured it would be around $1000.00 - $1200.00

KSG, i like the 3 piece top too. different for sure.

And it may be a Norlin gem' date=' like mine. Just because Norlin let some dogs out into the world doesn't mean they are all bad.

On the other hand, I'd never buy a guitar through eBay, period. [/quote']

F-N-A I love my Norlin there are some issues with cosmetics from factory but minor and I don't care about looks. It plays and feels great. And the one on the original post is on craigslist not ebay anyway. So go look at it.

Too bad he was asking so much for a beat up Deluxe. I've got a '74 Deluxe Gold Top that I bought new and haven't regretted buying it. Who cares if it was from the Norlin era...mine sings' date=' gets great harmonics and is just an overall great guitar.[/quote']

+1 from me

Stef

Archived