Gibson Brands Forums

Gig last Saturday night

MichaelT

My new band, different band than I posted about a couple months ago, played a gig Saturday night. We found each other on bandmix.com about 5 weeks ago. Singer, myself and bass player live here in town. Drummer is about 45 minutes away. In that time, we've worked up 30 songs or so, bought a 16 channel, 3000 watt PA system for playing out and finishing up our song list to have a full three sets plus a few. Mostly classic rock, blues, some country, some originals.

Saturday, we set up for our singer's son who came back from the Middle East a week ago. We invited a bunch of people, had food, booze, and played from about 8:30 PM to around midnight, with a break of 30 to 45 minutes. We had another guitarist sitting in, a female backup singer, had a fiddle player (in Kentucky, a violin is a fiddle) and my lovely wife played flute on a song as well. About 50 or 60 people showed up and things went very well. My guitar and amp is on the right. Singer's guitars and mandolin on left and he used my Marshall combo on left. His Marshall half stack needs work but is next to mine on right.

37700867_1730714863702290_5341771136659095552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=305744fb005674fb09866727b66a34e3&oe=5C132D06

Our bass player didn't like having the smallest amp so he just upgraded his system as well. I don't have the model number and pictures yet but he's pretty excited about it. His is the Hartke on the right sitting next to mine. He had amp envy! :D

Our bass player didn't like having the smallest amp so he just upgraded his system as well. I don't have the model number and pictures yet but he's pretty excited about it. His is the Hartke on the right sitting next to mine. He had amp envy! :D

I have to admit. That small Harke doesnt look man enough to move the amount of air a bass should.

Glad the gig went well. May you enjoy many more.

Archived