Gibson Brands Forums

tc electronic Ditto Looper

fretplay

I have the smaller one, (one button) and the x2 (2 button) Now I know they have updated and have other features / models now. but I'm still using the older ones from a few years back.

My only advice with what I have. Don't do the single button model.. It is a pain in the butt to use. Have to double tap to stop the loop, it's a very small pedal, I found it a bit too easy to fumble my way into wanting to throw it out the window. The x2 worked much better for me and takes batteries, smaller one does not.

Personally I would tend to recommend the BOSS DD-7 over the single button Ditto because the DD-7 has similar looping capabilities in addition to being a fantastic delay pedal

With that said I gave my little brother the single button Ditto and it is his most used pedal. He loves it. The x2 is even better

I have the single and its fine for trying things out for soloing to and I use it when I've written a song to play back the rhythm, sing along to it and record on phone to message to the band to see what they think. I don't think it would be suitable for live gigs as bit hard to remember where you are for tapping on the fly (certainly for us amateurs)

Thanks for your help guys.

A couple of questions please

Can you use it for vocals?

I have a looper on Cubase are there advantages on the Ditto to it?

The regular Ditto has one high impedance input so it’s not designed to be used with a mic. If you have a hi z mic or an adapter and don’t mind unplugging the guitar and plugging in the mic then it could be used

There is a Ditto made specifically for mics

The advantage of the Ditto is basically that it can be used without a computer and has a footswitch to punch in and out

I got the smaller one Button one also. It's a fun novelty thing to mess around with but I'm not interested in doing the Sheerhan thing. So I don't play with it much..

What I did get & like is the Digitech Trio Band Creator... Adds Bass and Drums to whatever Guitar Piece I'm playing... For me that's a more usable FX Box... I'm going to try rehearsing songs with it for a Solo Gig I'm going to play.. I'm curious if it will do a good job or not?

I got the smaller one Button one also. It's a fun novelty thing to mess around with but I'm not interested in doing the Sheerhan thing. So I don't play with it much..

What I did get & like is the Digitech Trio Band Creator... Adds Bass and Drums to whatever Guitar Piece I'm playing... For me that's a more usable FX Box... I'm going to try rehearsing songs with it for a Solo Gig I'm going to play.. I'm curious if it will do a good job or not?

This Trio Band Creator seems good. I'm do sure how you would do an entire song with it if there were more than 3 or 4 chords, how would you do a Beatles song for instance? I would be interested to know how you get on Lars,let me know!

I've had both the small and 2X Ditto. What I liked about the 2X was I could set up bass on one side of it (to a separate amp) and get a cool bass loop going. Then I could just freak out over that with fuzz and echo and sh!t. It's fun. That said I got bored with it. Lemme know if you wanna buy it.. :rolleyes:

Archived