Gibson Brands Forums

62 Bird Original

Salfromchatham

I didn't get that much of a tax cut.

Em7 would be all over this like a rash at the right price: all-original '62 'bird with ceramic saddle, panzer-paint pickguard. Actually, he may already have the sister to this guitar.

I notice the seller is in Canada. Is that priced in US dollars?

Price may a bit optimistic, but it's in beautiful condition aside from the fingerboard extension crack.

Ooooohhh, what a beaut.

This is one guitar that could obsess and ruin you. And definitely a flier it would be necessary to hear and even play before doin' anything hazardous.

billroy - the 2 Birds here have different bridges and saddles.

The ex for sale have massive rosewood bridge w. ceramic saddle.

tpbiii's has a hollow plastic bridge w. rosewood saddle (as Nick notes).

They will show you completely different sonic natures upon the same basic genetic virtues.

A good and dangerous find there, Sal. Some people never fall back in real ease and inner rest before gettin' such a creature home.

On a personal level the 63 SJ and the 65 CW here cover the urge.

When I lived in Mississippi I was a member of a string band with an extremely fluid lineup - hence the name Little Floater String Band. One of the guys who would join in owned a '62 Bird so I got more than a few chances to play his guitar. I loved the sound but what I could not make peace with was the neck. Baby didn't have no back. But I remember thinking that Bozeman was missing the boat here and should have come out with am HB with the 1960s bracing but a stock Bozeman carve neck. They could have called it Modified Vintage

When I lived in Mississippi I was a member of a string band with an extremely fluid lineup - hence the name Little Floater String Band. One of the guys who would join in owned a '62 Bird so I got more than a few chances to play his guitar. I loved the sound but what I could not make peace with was the neck. Baby didn't have no back. But I remember thinking that Bozeman was missing the boat here and should have come out with am HB with the 1960s bracing but a stock Bozeman carve neck. They could have called it Modified Vintage

Pretty cühl band name there, , , though EXTREMELY FLUID LINEUP may be even better.

When was this, zomb ?