Gibson Brands Forums

A Hummingbird for the Hummingbird

drathbun

I found this under the Christmas tree from my wife:

3hvfmW7.jpg

9dJU2yo.jpg

It is a lovely match. I will have to be extra careful with it. I always felt there should be nothing metal on a strap near the guitar. There's lots of metal on this baby, but it is gorgeous and the leather work is terrific.

Props for the thought, and nice she cares and know's enough about your interest to pick such a gift... now as for the metal, I'd be able to negotiate a return with minimal insult so would try to swap it for something I'd be less prone to do damage with, but tread lightly.

A nice harmonious match, , , and we of course notice the J-200 reference as well.

But all that metal around a guitar makes me nervous. I don't even wear a belt when I play.

Admit that info makes me nervous, , , but as OC states, for quite different reasons. .

Thanks, everyone. It is a perfect match for the 12 string. Of course, I will not be putting that strap into the case with the guitar and if you are reasonably careful, the metal never comes near the guitar. If I ever take this guitar out of the studio, it will be accompanied by a soft leather strap. :)

Archived