Gibson Brands Forums

Jackson Browne tiny desk

livemusic

This is five years old, never seen it! Awesome. At 14:09, what on earth is that capo? What's the advantage of that other than looking cool?

Bird of Paradise capo. Back before the the g7, it was one of the more quick change capos available. I have one. Not as good as a g7, but it’s not going to dent your top if you drop it on your guitar either. It’s really light weight.

Yeah, we've posted that link here before. Illya Kuryakin's (David MacCallum, for those too young to remember The Man from Uncle) son has a really nice touch on electric.

Jackson Browne seems to have a touch of spasmodic dysphonia in his voice at times, probably from a lifetime of singing. But I still love him and his music.

Yeah, we've posted that link here before. Illya Kuryakin's (David MacCallum, for those too young to remember The Man from Uncle) son has a really nice touch on electric.

Jackson Browne seems to have a touch of spasmodic dysphonia in his voice at times, probably from a lifetime of singing. But I still love him and his music.

Had to Google that one nick

I recently read Bruce Cockburn's memoir 'Rumours of Glory'. He spoke very very highly of Jackson Browne's work, organization, and committment on behalf of a multitude of various social justice issues. Cockburn clearly admired him, which in my book is pretty high praise.

I could hear Browne doin' this one to tip the hat back. .

2012 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN2uMVYwmqc

By the way rather peculiar to see his earring come and go during this performance.

That's what I call discrete yet sophisticated showmanship.

Apropos to nothing, JB ‘s pinkie is longer than my middle finger. I kept thinking he had a slide on.

Great stuff. Thanks for posting,

Dang, you're right, never noticed that. Makes me so mad, lol, I have short fingers, too. It is a definition limitation with certain licks and making certain chord shapes.

Wasn't JB accused of beating Neil Young's current wife?

Darryl Hanna. Yes, but she may be batshit crazy. I recall reading up on this years ago and my conclusion was he is likely innocent but I dunno. It's hard to believe he would do that but stranger things have happened. I do know that a woman can push a man to a point that it can happen. I never 'went there' but I tell ya, it's a miracle I was just able to get the hell out of the house before something really bad happened because my gf was pushing me to the limit, screaming nonsense, literally screaming. And I was innocent, she just has very serious 'issues.' Been married seven times, I wonder why. Some women ARE, literally, batshit crazy. When I figure out why I am drawn to crazy women, I'll let y'all know. Cuz I have had my share.

Yeah I remember when Jeffery Dahmer was arrested, when the TV news reporters interviewed his neighbor's they all said he was the nicest guy, expect he had this little quirk where ate people.

Nobody's perfect...

Archived