Gibson Brands Forums

Always wanted one of these

SteveFord

Yes, they are beautiful guitars. I always wanted one too and funnily enough just noticed last night they had brought them back on the website, after not being available for about 7 years or more. The price is steep though sadly, as back in 2011 I'm sure I saw one for around £2500 - £3000.

1551711465[/url]' post='1980963']

The price is pretty over the top. It's not something I'd ever consider at that price

I have to agree with that, prices are out I've reach on all the upper tier SGs. I've been keeping an eye out on the used market for something comparable, but I have noticed, since the release of 2019's prices are creeping up on the used market as well.

It is a beautiful SG, although I've never been fond of the gold plated hardware.

Sure glad the Standard SG is my favorite player SG. Now, if only the flagship 2019 SG Standard came with Gibson hard shell case like their Specials and the Standard '61 does, I would have one already. ;)

I have to agree with that, prices are out I've reach on all the upper tier SGs. I've been keeping an eye out on the used market for something comparable, but I have noticed, since the release of 2019's prices are creeping up on the used market as well.

It is a beautiful SG, although I've never been fond of the gold plated hardware.

Sure glad the Standard SG is my favorite player SG. Now, if only the flagship 2019 SG Standard came with Gibson hard shell case like their Specials and the Standard '61 does, I would have one already. ;)

I really really agree with you. This thing is BEAUTIFUL but I’m also more into the nickel or chrome hardware

I have so much GAS for another Gibson but truthfully my SG Standard satisfies all my needs so well. I GAS for a hollowbody or something to put flats on but really the sound is right there with the SG too

Archived