Gibson Brands Forums

How much for a haircut where you live?

Mr. Gibson

Only $11 for a haircut here.  I give the lady barber a $2 tip (18%) and you'd think I gave them an extra $20 they are so grateful.  I guess a lot of their customers must not tip at all?  They do a nice job (I don't look like a baby eagles when they're done) and pretty fast only 10 minutes in the chair at most.

Similar ... $10 + $2 tip.  There is a Korean women's fashion salon by my work where the  lady who owns the place brought in her husband who is a 35-year-veteran barber to cut men's hair in a small area off from the main salon.  No waiting either... Awesome.

Yes I use a trimmer like in Black Dog's picture.

I cant even recall what I used to pay. Whatever it was, it would be in £s.

My barber was a fellow called Alan. He had one of the last few proper barber shops in  the Portsmouth area. By proper, I mean no 'artiste' pretension/affectation nor salon components around. He even had old DIY and bike magazine on the table. There was a large poster on the wall of him on a Caribbean beach cutting someone's hair.  It read 'Alans Paradise barber Shop'. We used to talk about nothing of any importance with enjoyment. 

$30 for the haircut. $8 for the tip. Use to go to WallyWorld, then SportsClips - but got tired of the inconsistency.

For $30 you get a beer while you're waiting, a better haircut, a shampoo, a hot towel and a 5 minute mmmmaaaaassssaaaagggge. (Sorry, shoulders and neck only.)

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

$30 for the haircut. $8 for the tip. Use to go to WallyWorld, then SportsClips - but got tired of the inconsistency.

For $30 you get a beer while you're waiting, a better haircut, a shampoo, a hot towel and a 5 minute mmmmaaaaassssaaaagggge. (Sorry, shoulders and neck only.)

I'll do it for $25

Archived