Gibson Brands Forums

Rush Limbaugh, the leading conservative voice in America?

Californiaman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James, it's very hard to have a discussion based on facts, well reasoned opinion or logic, when your having that discussion with a liberal. The facts apparently do not matter to libs, they will change the subject, change the argument or start a personal attack as soon as the facts come into play. Liberals are driven by emotion and feelings. IMHO.

James' date=' it's very hard to have a discussion based on facts, well reasoned opinion or logic, when your having that discussion with a liberal. The facts apparently do not matter to libs, they will change the subject, change the argument or start a personal attack as soon as the facts come into play. Liberals are driven by emotion and feelings. IMHO.[/quote']

KSG when you start actually posting your thoughts and not something you copy/pasted from some web site I might respond. I'm really not going to respond to nonsense.

As for James... I usually do respond to him. And in this case. I read his post. He was making affirmations and I was under the impression there wasn't any questions. I will go back and read it again. If I am wrong, I will post another response.

KSG when you start actually posting your thoughts and not something you copy/pasted from some web site I might respond. I'm really not going to respond to nonsense.

As for James... I usually do respond to him. And in this case. I read his post. He was making affirmations and I was under the impression there wasn't any questions. I will go back and read it again. If I am wrong' date=' I will post another response.

[/quote']

Homz, you always respond...sometimes, almost intelligently...

Thanks KSG. I don't think your an idiot all the time' date=' either. [/quote']

I'm feelin some love on this thread! Homz first said he usually responds to me (coming from Homz, this is as close to a compliment as we'll ever get), then he says you're not an idiot ALL the time.

Maybe we all need to go on over to the gay marriage thread.

James' date=' it's very hard to have a discussion based on facts, well reasoned opinion or logic, when your having that discussion with a liberal. The facts apparently do not matter to libs, they will change the subject, change the argument or start a personal attack as soon as the facts come into play. Liberals are driven by emotion and feelings. IMHO.[/quote']

Spoken like a man who has had his share of "beating his head against a brick wall" conversations with the left. I do get tired sometimes trying to help the blind see, but the fact is, they'd rather gouge out thier eyes than see the truth.

I have this aquantance who is a CRAZY lib. He is so full of hate. It's sad. And he keeps telling me I'm a hater. Whenever we have a debate, and I use FACTS to counter a point, he goes apesh*t! He starts screaming, calling me names. Pretty much general lib behavior. My wife gets mad at me because I get him so worked up, but it is so much fun.

Whether you like Limbaugh or not, you have to admit he's tremendously talented and gifted for what he does. Anybody that can take something like 1980s AM radio and almost single-handedly turn it into a major media force has my admiration.

One thing I do find to be true about him is that so many people who deride him have never actually listened to his show for more than a few minutes.

Wow' date=' this guy's been doing this for a long time. Why is it all of a sudden people are starting to listen?:-k [/quote']

I thought he OD'd and died on those pills he's addicted to...oh wait, no, that was just a dream I had. I would've thought when he was exposed as an abuser of drugs he would've lost some leverage with the conservative reich. I guess morals are selective after all...lol

Whether you like Limbaugh or not' date=' you have to admit he's tremendously talented and gifted for what he does. [/quote']

You're right, he can down more OxyContin and hydrocodone than anyone I've ever seen and still stumble to get into his car to drive home...HA!

One thing I do find to be true about him is that so many people who deride him have never actually listened to his show for more than a few minutes.

I also don't go in for hydrocolonics but I can tell you it's not pleasant. Why torture myself, after all?

Nah, seriously. I've tried listening to the guy because I have a nutso reich-wing friend of 20 years who apparently has an altar to all things Jesus and Rush in his basement, but seriously, for the same reason I can't listen to radio/TV evangelists, I can't stand the high-profile pomposity and self-righteousness. And I don't have a herd-mentality and am not easily led to the slaughterhouse, so being a free-thinker with an IQ over 130 prohibits me from tolerating him for more than, oh, 20 or 30 seconds. And even then, it's just when I'm depressed and need a laugh.

H-Bomb

I'm feelin some love on this thread! Homz first said he usually responds to me (coming from Homz' date=' this is as close to a compliment as we'll ever get), then he says you're not an idiot ALL the time.

Maybe we all need to go on over to the gay marriage thread.[/quote']

You two are on my short list of people I respect. I didn't say I agreed with you. I can do both. Yeah there are times when I get a bit fired up, but I never take it very seriously. It's fun.

BTW does anyone else find many of the right wing arguments to sound or be exactly like the ones us liberals were using only a short time ago. Especially the Thomas Jefferson quotes. I have used many of them. Funny how that worm has turned. Just an observation. Not a criticism.

There is one thing I like about Rush.

I like that he is now the leader of the Republican Party. The Party just got better, what with all the high quality prescription drugs and prostitutes he can bring to the party. Woo Hoo the party is just starting.

It still amazes me that two people with perfect eyesight can look at a desert and see two completely different possibilities. One sees a place to die. The other person sees the world's largest sandbox for one huge kitty.

There is no winning when there is no form to a debate. It's just like trying to explain through logic to Osama's buddies, that they shouldn't want to Jihad the U.S. into extinction.

Good luck with the no holds barred version of arguement.

SLS

Just like their hero said' date=' they treat politics like a football game. They think its something to "cheer" for. I like that guy, he is cooler then that guy is. "Wahhhhh you beat my guy so I hope you do really poorly, wahhhh". +:-@ Just like Homz said idiots, if Obama fails, WE ALL FAIL!! He is your president as well as mine, just like Bush was your president as well as mine. If you want to hope Obama isnt re-elected, fine. But hoping he fails is hoping for your own demise and failing. So ludicrous. Get over McCain losing and start thinking about the country and other people, not just your sour grapes. [/quote']

Buzzkill!!!! I'm here to get back to the doom and gloom lol!!!

I hate to say it, but if Obama fails, as he is failing, and he is, we will only have to be subjected to this madness for 4 years, and America will have another chance to succeed and become the America that we all truly want. Unfortunately this will be after almost more than 12 years of screwed up economic policies. There is and was A LOT more bad to Bill Clinton economically than most people give him credit for as well.

I said to myself that regardless of my views and beliefs, that I would give the Big O all the chance that I can. Afterall hes only been in office for a couple of months now. Well, HE"S NOT GIVING THE USA A CHANCE AFTER ONLY 2 MONTHS!!!!!

And to whoever said that "he's done more in 40 days than most presidents have done in their first year", spending doesn't always equal good! Smart, responsible spending equals good.

Archived