Gibson Brands Forums

First time in a long time

pappy

Well I did grab my SG and played for about an hour, that is all I could handle at this time. It felt great to pick p one of my babies again.  Was a great boost to my wanting to get back 100%.

Hope you all are doing well , it kinda sux that my wife has had to carry the mantle for the past few weeks, as yard work waits for no one. But she is a champ, and does not complain.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pappy said:

Well I did grab my SG and played for about an hour, that is all I could handle at this time. It felt great to pick p one of my babies again.  Was a great boost to my wanting to get back 100%.

Hope you all are doing well , it kinda sux that my wife has had to carry the mantle for the past few weeks, as yard work waits for no one. But she is a champ, and does not complain.

Welcome back Pappy,  good deal on playing again. An hour is great. I know what you mean on having to let the wife do your work, I remember when I was shot in the right knee with a .41 caliber Magnum hot deer load up on a farm. That put me out for awhile.  I had to prove I could do all kinds of things getting around on crutches before they would even release me from the hospital.  Lost one month of work over that one. 

25 minutes ago, pappy said:

ALL I CAN SAY IS OUCH!!!!

Actually, I never felt a thing.  I didn't even know I was shot.  I heard the gun report, and I was knocked down on my butt. I wondered what happened and tried to get up.  Thats when I heard a squishing sound and felt something wrong with my knee.  Getting a flu shots hurts a ton more than getting shot.  I started looking for a bullet hole and couldn't find one, Then I saw the big exit hole in the back of my leg and all the blood.  The pain never even set in for about 20 minutes.  

18 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

Wow  What were you doing when you were shot?  Sorry if I missed the original post.  Hope you get well soon.

Knowing Murph as we've come to know Murph, It's most likely a story worth reading!

welcome back pappy..

Edited by kidblast

Twice in my life, I have had reasons which physically prevented me from playing. I truly know how that one feels. Last time, I had surgery to correct a neurological issue, which took away my ability to sing for about 7 months. I will NEVER take the ability to entertain for granted. Never!

So WELCOME BACK!

Edited by Tekboy