Gibson Brands Forums

really nice LP Standard 60s

Black Dog

I told myself I'd probably buy one these when they were released.  Every time I see a nice one come along the temptation is strong.  But, then I just go play one of my guitars and it eases off.  Like a heroin junkie getting a fix.

Edited by Black Dog

15 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Wasn't it you who said you really liked the unburst??

13 hours ago, Big Bill said:

I will be the only homeless man under the bridge with a Les Paul!

I see the Unburst has gone.

Which bridge have you chosen to call Home, Bill?

Pip.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pippy said:

I see the Unburst has gone.

Which bridge have you chosen to call Home, Bill?

Pip.

This is the last post I will be making for a while as the battery on my phone is dying. I am currently posting from under the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia, on the Jersey side. I have made friends with a toothless woman names Chuck. She bought the Gibson box from me for a 3rd of a can of Spam and 2 cigarette butts, she is sleeping soundly in it now.

Now I'm just going to sit here and stare at this Les Paul, it's the only thing I have left to do. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Now I'm just going to sit here and stare at this Les Paul, it's the only thing I have left to do. 

Once you get settled in you'll probably find there's lots of action going on in most bridge communities, drugs, sex, fights.  In fact with that LP, you better start practicing your Kung Fu if you wanna hang on to it.  Or you could just use it to serenade Chuck and she'll fight for you.  She already has no teeth.

Edited by Black Dog
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Once you get settled in you'll probably find there's lots of action going on in most bridge communities, drugs, sex, fights.  In fact with that LP, you better start practicing your Kung Fu if you wanna hang on to it.  Or you could just use it to serenade Chuck and she'll fight for you.  She already has no teeth.

Actually the temps got pretty low last night and some guy called Skeeter tried to put my Lester into the fire barrel, they were running low on wood! Yes, Chuck stepped in, she's still grateful for the deal she got on that Gibson box. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Big Bill said:

Actually the temps got pretty low last night and some guy called Skeeter tried to put my Lester into the fire barrel, they were running low on wood! Yes, Chuck stepped in, she's still grateful for the deal she got on that Gibson box. 

Man, you got that place figured out in no time.  Pretty soon you'll be the president of the box owners association.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Actually the temps got pretty low last night......Chuck stepped in, she's still grateful for the deal she got on that Gibson box. 

Gibson boxes are all very well, Bill, but remember your Double-O training - and remind Chuck about it too; there's no substitute for Shared Bodily Warmth!

For anyone else here who fancies running the familial gauntlet and subsequently joining the new community springing up 'Under the Boardwalk' this one is still available...

[drool]

1733206164_09185_lg5lo-res.jpg.1241191b3daee47b91674283eb9a73e2.jpg

Pip.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pippy said:

Gibson boxes are all very well, Bill, but remember your Double-O training - and remind Chuck about it too; there's no substitute for Shared Bodily Warmth!

For anyone else here who fancies running the familial gauntlet and subsequently joining the new community springing up 'Under the Boardwalk' this one is still available...

[drool]

1733206164_09185_lg5lo-res.jpg.1241191b3daee47b91674283eb9a73e2.jpg

Pip.

Thats one gorgeous Gibson I wouldn't mind adding to the collection.  By the way Pip, I Tod Rob I would tell you that he sent you a PM in your box with his E-mail.  In case you didn't know. 

• Upvote 1

I saw a Standard 50s the other day with a top and finish that could be on an R9. Among the Standard 60s, those bourbon burst is where it’s at for me. They are the most mouth watering among the whole Gibson USA lineup. Hey Bill, are there some extra sleeping spots under that bridge of yours?