Gibson Brands Forums

15 minutes of Fame

daveinspain

"selling out everywhere they go" yup sounds like tesla to me! lol just kidding couldnt resist' date=' last action hero was a great song! if only youd hung out with the foo fighters, that wouldve been more appropriate, "Dave Grohl just cant help but sell out everywhere he goes these days!" Someones turnin in a grave somewhere!

right back to me box before somebody fills it with trinkets an puts it in their attic! (in fact you could just change the name and voila, recycling is fun!):-&/

Oh man don't let em hear you say L A H . They hated that song .

And will be back in Europe this summer

I've had some pretty good gigs and been on college radio of few times. My cousin is a great guitar player. He was married to Alison Krauss (just recorded with Robert Plant) and I jammed with her a christmas a while back. They are divorced now but he was discovered by Chet Atkins in a club in NYC a while back. He played in his band with him for a long time and was actually a pall bearer at his funeral. He's toured with Lyle Lovitt and Peter Frampton and is a REALLY AMAZING guitar player. His name is Pat Bergeson. He's my claim to fame.....just wish I got to jam with him more. He teaches me the coolest stuff that is so easy it's hard.

I'll have my real 15 minutes one day. I'll keep all of you posted =P

If you ever run into Alison again, tell her I still have a crush on her.:-&

er hmm... anyway no major brushes with fame here, but I guess I can say I've had the honor of working with a local sound guy that has done sound for numerous touring acts. One namely Rick Derringer.

My last year of high school ( 1984 )...The band we formed played a big

concert near the end of the year.

The last person to play at the school was Alice Cooper in the early 70's

He played the outdoor stadium attatched to the school. We played the indoor

auditorium...oh well, it was the same address at least! lol

They stopped the outdoor conecerts after Alice played. The area was becoming too

cramped, and there were noise issues.

The west end of Toronto was a swinging place ill tell you!

The comedy group that i'm in' date=' EL Privates, was a regular on the Red Peter's Comedy Show all last year on Sirius Satellite Radio, Howard 101. We finished #2 on the top 20 count down for "funniest song of 2007" with our song "Pet Problem". Howard Stern featured us on his show the second week of this February. It went really well and things are starting to go even better. You can listen to "Pet Problem" by clicking on my signature and selecting the song. CD sales and I-Tunes are really going well.[/quote']

Haha what a moron I am. I had the wrong signature link the whole time. Oh well, now if you want, you can click on my signature and actually get to our page. More updates to come.............

i'm gonna play lead guitar for "Sweet Child 'o Mine" at the talent show this year with my friends!!!!!im gonna tell you guys the band.

Lead Vocals-Nathan

Lead Guitar;Backup Vocals-Me (Dylan)

Rhythm Guitar-Bailey

Bass-Cody

Drums-Jared

we're gonna rock so hard!!!!!!!!but the thing is,we don't have a band name.

What do you mean there is no mention of Gibson in this thread.... We are all talking' date=' communicating with each other, getting to know one another on a more personal note and we all have and play Gibson's..... [/quote']

well,pretty much everybody but me.but i love gibson so much.i go aroung and try to find gibson clothes and stuff.but ill have a LP in hopefully a couple of years.B) B) [-o< [-o< [-o<

well' date='pretty much everybody but me.but i love gibson so much.i go aroung and try to find gibson clothes and stuff.but ill have a LP in hopefully a couple of years.default_eusa_wall.gif ](*,) [-o< [-o< [-o<

In time. Totally off topic, but after I graduated high school I had the money in hand and was standing in the local shop ready to buy a heritage cherry LP Standard, but didn't because I knew that my dad would have killed me for spending every last penny I had before going to college. Finished college got a job and finally a few months ago had the cash and got my Paul. Totally worth the wait.

What do you mean there is no mention of Gibson in this thread.... We are all talking' date=' communicating with each other, getting to know one another on a more personal note and we all have and play Gibson's..... [/quote']

Have you not noticed all of the topics that are deleated by the

administraor?

Hey- I am all for an off topic area to get to know one another what I am

saying is Gibson won't allow it. No big deal I still enjoy the site.

I do wish an EPI administrator would close some of those threads like

whats your favorite sandwich, color. beer,etc.

Mark

Originally I thought this thread was about just seeing/meeting musicians but after reading about Gary Coleman, back in 1991, after I came back east from Cali. (San Diego area for 4 years), I worked at a gas station for a while, and did personally meet Peter Benchley, he used to get gas there all the time, and that cat was Roxy Roker's (sp) husband in that 70's sitcom "The Jeffersons", I can't remember his name, he was doin' shots at a local hotel bar , and we happened to be there, and he bought me 'n my friend I was runnin' with at the time, a couple shots, and we shot the **** with him for a while, and he was a real nice guy. Benchley was kool, cuz I used to talk with that guy all the time if he was working on anything, and said he was doing a thing about a giant homicidal squid, it was pretty kool. And I did see the harbor launch go out to this HUGE yacht tied up, and it was picking up Frank Sinatra going to a dockside restaurant there, and I was out on the seawall casting for bluefish, and he did the old "catch-anything-sign, at which point I gave a thumbs-down, not even a nibble that evening. I think it's funny how you see someone like that, and you remember everything about it, at least me anyway. AND I kinda-sorta ran into (long story) Greg the hammer Valentine back when I was into W.W.F. ,and all I gotta say is T.V. don't do that guy justice...he's a lot bigger in real life! Didn't he die? (Steroids)

Archived