Gibson Brands Forums

What music did ya'll like...

harmonicchaos

Oh yeah, great post.

I'll never forget the first time I heard Black Sabbath. I mean really listened to it. I bought "We Sold Our Souls For Rock-n-Roll" and listened to it until I wore the record out. Then it was on to their "Master's of Reality" album.

Also Deep Purples was a huge influence on me, especially "Machine Head".

Carlos Santana's first, self-titled album, and "Abraxas".

I also enjoyed Chuck Berry, Led Zeppelin, and Rush.

Of course Neil Young was a big influence as well as Jimi Hendrix and Aerosmith. "Toys in the Attic" rocked!

Well through the age of like 5-9 i like rap and pop. (Shut up! i was young and more stupid) Then at age of 10 i found metal. Then at the start of age of 13 i started listening to the bass, drums and guitar more and i got to love music and understand it more and i wanted to learn it.

I still listen to the same crap :) When I was really young though, like 5-9 or so, I listened to a lot of MoTown, stuff like the Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and the Supremes, etc. Used to feel embarassed to admit to listening to that kind of stuff, but I think as you get older you stop caring what people think about what you listen to./

I haven't changed much. Still love classical (Mozart, Debussy, Chopin, etc.) and jazz music (too many to name here); still love rock (Rush is my favorite and I'm glad they are still producing) and all kinds of blues (getting into Robert Johnson a lot though these days but SRV will always call to me). My ipod is all over the place (Aretha Franklin is an example).

.... Well... First, figure I'm "old."

But... basically I like the same stuff I liked when I was 10.

Baroque, classical, Wagner... John Lee Hooker <grin>... bagpipes ... Some rock from the 50s to now, some not... Swing, some 50s pop... Basie and Ellington...

I like an Islay single malt Scotch today and likely wouldn't have cared for it much then... but I still like a chocolate shake.

From the opposite direction... I never cared much for Oompah music, but I've had fun playing it. Never cared for Guy Lombardo or most 20s dance bands or Straus waltzes.

Basically... the same stuff always - and different variations on it. Some stuff is fun to play and lousy to listen to...

When I was young it was Motown and The Beatles. I remember when I thought all music was like either of those.

Now I'm into all kinds of stuff, but The Four Tops Greatest Hits and Revolver/Sgt. Peps still gets put in my cd player almost every day.

Mostly I listened to what is now called classic rock. Of course then it was just rock. Began for me with Kiss in middle school, then to Zeppelin, next Rush, and then lots of Southern Rock in high school since Jacksonville was just up the road. Metal, punk, and new wave stuff in college. Since then I have listened to a huge variety of stuff. I have a pretty broad taste to this day. I keep my car iPod loaded to the gills, and I can just jump around to whatever I want. I'm a big fan of play lists. Reminds me of the countless hours I spent making tapes in high school!

Archived