Gibson Brands Forums

Hoyt, this is for you :)

FennRx

please define an "assualt weapon"

sgt york did a good job assaulting german machinegun positions with his enfield rifle and colt .45. i guess we should outlaw bolt-action rifles and handguns.

Those are not an assualt weapon. They are very good weapons though. BTW -- I think Sgt York had enough balls not to feel the need to carry a weapon on the streets.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truthfully' date=' Mick, I don't have any real problem with a pistol like that. You can defend yourself with that in just about any likely situation. Like I've said, I've got a six shooter, and my machete if things get really ugly.

I am concerned about folks who think they need anything that is called an "assualt weapon." They are either criminals for have a psychological issue in my opinion. [/quote']

And I don't see whats wrong about having equal fire power.

Those are not an assualt weapon. They are very good weapons though. BTW -- I think Sgt York had enough balls not to feel the need to carry a weapon on the streets.

Why aren't they assault weapons.

They fire the same ammo and at the same rate MainSextet.jpg

Why aren't they assault weapons.

They fire the same ammo and at the same rate MainSextet.jpg

Mick, go make love to your assualt weapon(s). I'm hitting the sack.

Is that poster hanging over your bed? Sure sounds like it.

so now carrying a weapon is about lack of balls? alvin york didnt live in a world of armed robberies and drug addicts. grow up. i hope to never ever have to use a weapon on anyone, whether it be in public or in my home. but i would rather be prepared and never need it than get accosted on my store's parking lot by gangbangers (who occupy the nearby houses btw and like to loiter sometimes on or near company property) and have to try to talk my way out of it.

as for the enfield and colt, what makes them not an assault weapon? he used them to conduct military assaults, did he not? if they are not assault weapons, tell me why. and then tell me what makes other guns like an AR15 an assault weapon.

Mick' date=' go make love to your assualt weapon(s). I'm hitting the sack.

Is that poster hanging over your bed? Sure sounds like it.[/quote']

it is late, and you're tired- probably from all the research you've been doing on crime rates, gun ownership, etc. we all hope to see your work tomorrow. good night, comrade.

mick,

that is pretty cool. i was looking for an ak, but i didnt want to pay $1300 for one...especially when the quality really seems to vary depending on what you buy (at least from what i have read) and the dealer that has them is really overpriced for everything.

I've actually had a gun pulled on me twice.

Me too.

Handled it both times without a gun myself.

Me too.

Diplomacy skills were in top form....

There is great satisfaction with taking someone's gun away from them' date=' throwing the clip into the bushes' date=' ejecting the round in the chamber and just beating the hell out of it on concrete while the SOB looks on wondering what the heck happened and what is next. How about you? [/quote'']

You expect me to believe YOU did such a thing?

You're a liar.

You'd be surprised how well a machete works without actually having to harm anyone.

Facing many thugs, especially one with testes, you would be a popsicle.

Facing me, I guarantee it.

I had machetes for years, used them clearing fenceline brush. I think I can wield one effectively.

Your first swing better count, you won't get a second.

I really don't think you would do anything other than piss your pants....

So, you wanna brandish a big knife and jump around yelling like an idiot?

Yeah, and you don't wanna hurt anybody (except yourself).

Now you wanna do a psyche eval on me?

Mick' date=' go make love to your assualt weapon(s). [/quote']

WHAT IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON?

Check it out...

Liberals always assume they can duck and dodge questions and nobody will notice how many pile up unanswered.

Sorry, doesn't work on me.

Too much intestinal fortitude in this conservative to give up that easy - like a Liberal....

:-)

Yep, you and Homz should be proud to know I took the time to cut and paste many of my questions that you ignored.

I'll throw them back into the forum anytime I think they might embarass you or expose your hypocrisy.

C'mon!

It'll be FUN!!!

Jesse, you may have missed the satire.

959 carries a H&K MP-5 for a day job.

I would give a bodily extremity to own one.

Mucho $$$$$$

MainSextet.jpg

Damn, I don't have the Saiga shotgun.

Guess I better catch up, eh?

Here's my Baby, first line of defense inside the Compound.

http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg_Guns/930/New/50665.jpg

Even has a bayonnet lug - on a shotgun!

Anyhow, it was part of the Mil-Spec when the gun was developed. Used around the world by our military.

Lotsa police carry them too.

Great value for the money.

Sold my last AK a couple of months ago, don't know if I'll ever buy another. Now prices are NUTS on 'em!

Still have a very nice Chinese SKS, one of the first to hit the US in the big wave of the 80's. New and unfired.

Even sold all my 7.62x39 ammo.

The M-14 is by far my hands-down favorite.

To co-opt a phrase made famous by Charleton Heston, it's my Cold, Dead Hands gun...

I love .308 and mine is a Match Rifle. Nice groups at 200 yards on iron sights.

Mini-14 is like the Swiss Army knife of rifles, good for an easy 300 yards on medium game like deer.

Coincidently, it also works well on two-legged animals since it fires the same .223 round as the AR-15/M-16.

With a varmint round like the Hornady V-Max, it's explosive on impact - on a prairie dog or a human skull.

Think of the Zapruder film, only better...

The Mini-30 is cool, Ruger reliability in the Commie round - 7.62x39.

Nothing wrong with using the other guy's ammo, learned that in Viet Nam and it's widely done in Afghanistan.

I was just never an AR-15 fan.

I had two Colt HBar II's, one was a flattop and the other had the monkey grip, and I never warmed up to 'em.

Sold them to a buddy of mine, made a little money and he's STILL a happy cat.

Just sold a brand new Colt 6920 to a guy I work with, it's about as nice as a AR-15 gets.

He's an ex-Marine, so he knows them inside out.

(Hoyt, they TRAIN you to caress them in the Marine Corps, sleep with them, assemble them in the dark, etc....)

I think that the country would be better served if' date=' instead of testing people before they bought a gun, we tested people before we let them vote...All voters should be required to know who their 2 Senators are, their congressman's name, which party is in control of the congress at the time, what the current POTUS and VPOTUS names and parties are, and at least some of the current issues. Then we could do a drug test and breathalyzer test to make sure the voter isn't impaired at the time of the vote. [/quote']

KSG, you are showing your true colors with this post. A great way to protect democracy is to limit who can vote. Real smart.

And get rid of the signature--it is both annoying and offensive. Your moving avatar is annoying enough.

Jesse' date=' you may have missed the satire.

959 carries a H&K MP-5 for a day job.

I would give a bodily extremity to own one.

[/quote']

Guns are just trouble. Their desgined to do one thing and one thing only. Why any government allows its citizens to legally have automatic weapons is beyond me...... Guns are safe in the right hands and maybe there is a need to protect yourself...................

I do think it is a valid point, I dont own guns, I dont want the govt enforcing gun control, however what are guns designed to do? what are automatic guns designed to do? what are semiautomatic-30 rounds is a clip gun designed to do? What is the purpose of having such a powerful weapon @ your disposal?

I would like to hear your counterpoint, or any recreational (?is that the right adjective?) gun user' s counterpoint.

Guns are just trouble. Their desgined to do one thing and one thing only. Why any government allows its citizens to legally have automatic weapons is beyond me...... Guns are safe in the right hands and maybe there is a need to protect yourself...................

I do think it is a valid point' date=' I dont own guns, I dont want the govt enforcing gun control, however what are guns designed to do? what are automatic guns designed to do? what are semiautomatic-30 rounds is a clip gun designed to do? What is the purpose of having such a powerful weapon @ your disposal?

I would like to hear your counterpoint, or any recreational (?is that the right adjective?) gun user' s counterpoint.[/quote']

How fast does your car go?

How fast do the cars go that you would buy if you were a rich Rock Star?

Why should I allow you to even own a car?

We kill 40,000 people a year in cars, nobody seems too worried about it though we ALL know somebody who died in one.

Constitution says NOTHING about automotive ownership.

Im not talking about the Govt regulation gun ownership, when you dont respect guns, ANY gun can be dangerous, but what purpose does a semi-automatic, magazine fed weapon serve to the common man?

I drive a 02 dodge dakota, never more then 4MPH over the speedlimiit, I come to a full stop, use my signals, and brake for truckers and idiots, when it comes to driving, I am as safe as can be. I imagine I would be the same when it comes to handling firepower.

Im not trying to challenge your points, dont over interpret my question-as I really want to know why (a simple because I want would work fine)

What is the purpose of owning a magazine fed, semiautomatic, assault rifle serve?

Blue' date=' seeing Obama throw out money like that is dead on.[/quote']

I have no problem if KSG wants to criticize Obama's spending policies. But to portray him as a rapper because of the color of his skin is offensive and in poor taste and demonstrates an ignorance of African-American culture.

Archived