Gibson Brands Forums

Hoyt, this is for you :)

FennRx

couldnt help it. saw it for sale yesterday and thought i had better grab it given how the current climate is. 30 round mags included. i put about 60 rounds thru her yesterday. having never fired anything like it before, all i can say is "wow, this rifle is freakin' sweet." here's a pic of the R9, something else i didnt need, but am really glad i bought.

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1021-1.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

neither. i bought it for 3 reasons:

1) the coolness factor. and it is freakin cool. mixed in with the intimidation factor. i call her "the fecalator." 'cause if i point it at someone, they will sh!t themselves. haha

2) collectability. obama does want to make them illegal again.

3) my sick sexual perversion and compensation, i mean...er....from my cold dead hands! :-$

That's awesome!!

I'd love to own something like that but you can't use them up here.

I have a 12 gauge shotgun, Remington 870 Express Super Magnum. I used to hunt small game back in the day.

Now the gun just sits there. You can only watch TV with your shotgun so many times...........

Buy a red sports car. It's cool too and people can actually see you with it without calling the cops. Try walking into a 7/11 with that rifle in tow.

Sports cars are also good for midlife crisis prevention.

Buy a red sports car. It's cool too and people can actually see you with it without calling the cops. Try walking into a 7/11 with that rifle in tow.

Sports cars are also good for midlife crisis prevention.

never been a car guy. but if the government tries to tell me i cant have one, well then.... lol

I find all the talk about Obama a bit amusing. The only time in recent memory the government actually confiscated legal fire arms was during the aftermath of Katrina. 'Black Water' private security company did it under contract for 'Home Land Security' and at the orders of the Bush Administration.

True typically there may end up being a few more restrictions on the gun enthusiasts, but it wont last. It's the republicans you need to keep your sites on.

my concern isnt so much the government taking the people's guns in so much as limiting what we can buy in the future. i find joe biden's assault rifle ban laughably stupid. and if he and obama are going to try to permanently ban rifles with a pistol grip like the AR15, then i'll get one now. (because a rifle without a pistol grip is totally safe and cannot be used for anything but hunting).

and they might be able to do it with both houses of congress in democratic hands...though i am sure it will be challenged in the courts. and no way it would be an amendment.

I do BTW agree with your point. I am just a bit more sceptically any real changes will be made in existing laws. I think these are the type of issues that do nothing, but fire people up. Like abortion. If the republicans had really wanted to ban abortion, they would have done so. All the cards were in their favor. The same is true of the democrats on gun control issues. They also wont do sh1t. To many votes will be lost.

Hey Fenn you want to meet me and the kids at GC.

couldnt help it. saw it for sale yesterday and thought i had better grab it given how the current climate is. 30 round mags included. i put about 60 rounds thru her yesterday. having never fired anything like it before' date=' all i can say is "wow, this rifle is freakin' sweet." here's a pic of the R9, something else i didnt need, but am really glad i bought.

[img']http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/fennrx/IMG_1042.jpg[/img]

Glad you had an orgasm with your new "love." Does that "intimidation factor" make you feel big, or what? That's exactly why I think these things ought to be outlawed. But enjoy.

so they should be outlawed because it might stroke someone's ego? good logic there.

better outlaw LPs' date=' sports cars, diamonds, coach handbags, etc....[/quote']

I don't think most folks buy those for the "intimidation factor." But, I'm glad you've found an outlet.

Guns are just trouble. Their desgined to do one thing and one thing only. Why any government allows its citizens to legally have automatic weapons is beyond me. I had some time last year with the LA police and in an area of just 11 sq miles they had 198 murders.... Guns are safe in the right hands and maybe there is a need to protect yourself but come on... automatic rifles!! I dont see anything cool about that..

Maybe its because I might spend some time at the wrong end of one... and see all to many times the final fatal outcome..

What is it... AR15??

Flight959

I find all the talk about Obama a bit amusing. The only time in recent memory the government actually confiscated legal fire arms was during the aftermath of Katrina. 'Black Water' private security company did it under contract for 'Home Land Security' and at the orders of the Bush Administration.

True typically there may end up being a few more restrictions on the gun enthusiasts' date=' but it wont last. It's the republicans you need to keep your sites on. [/quote']

COMPLETE and UTTER B.S. The city of N.O. LEOs took the guns and the Courts admonished them after the fact, it had nothing to do with the Federal Gov't. You must have just seen a rerun of Jericho or your Union newsletter.

I do BTW agree with your point. I am just a bit more sceptically any real changes will be made in existing laws. I think these are the type of issues that do nothing' date=' but fire people up. Like abortion. If the republicans had really wanted to ban abortion, they would have done so. All the cards were in their favor. The same is true of the democrats on gun control issues. They also wont do sh1t. To many votes will be lost.

Hey Fenn you want to meet me and the kids at GC.

[/quote']

How exactly would the repubs have banned abortion? The dems now control the congress (they are able to put together a veto proof majority) and the whitehouse, and they will probably get to stack the Supreme Court with the probable retirement of at least 2 judges over the next couple of years. Eric Holder (the Attn. General) has already stated his desire to have MORE gun control as has Obama and many of the Dem Senators and Congressman. Wake up Homz.

I don't think most folks buy those for the "intimidation factor." But' date=' I'm glad you've found an outlet.[/quote']

they buy them to show off to their friends and brag that they have nice things (ie stroke their ego).

and if you dont think people buy other stuff to intimidate, then you truly are naive. its just a different type of intimidation.

say it with me: S-A-T-I-R-E

Guns are just trouble. Their desgined to do one thing and one thing only. Why any government allows its citizens to legally have automatic weapons is beyond me. I had some time last year with the LA police and in an area of just 11 sq miles they had 198 murders.... Guns are safe in the right hands and maybe there is a need to protect yourself but come on... automatic rifles!! I dont see anything cool about that..

Maybe its because I might spend some time at the wrong end of one... and see all to many times the final fatal outcome..

What is it... AR15??

Flight959

it is semi-auto. have you ever fired an automatic weapon? it is pretty cool. necessary? depends on who you ask i suppose.

as for the AR15' date=' libs hate them because they [i']look[/i] scary. if my rifle didnt look like an M-16, there wouldnt be a problem. lots of rifles use the same .223 round that the AR fires. apparently though, those guns cant be used against people.

Nice SEMI-Automatic rifle Fenn' date=' Nice AXE too.[/quote']

thanks, KSG.

like i said, it was a total impulse buy. i went in there to buy some 9mm ammo to use at the range. the dealer had 5 of them, ranging from 850-1050. no price gouging at all. i felt like i just couldnt pass it up.

it is semi-auto. have you ever fired an automatic weapon? it is pretty cool. necessary? depends on who you ask i suppose.

as for the AR15' date=' libs hate them because they [i']look[/i] scary. if my rifle didnt look like an M-16, there wouldnt be a problem. lots of rifles use the same .223 round that the AR fires. apparently though, those guns cant be used against people.

Fenn.. I wasnt having a dig at you...

Yep I carry automatic and semi automatic weapons in my job.

The biggest round killing people here is either the 9mm or the .22...

Flight959

Archived