Gibson Brands Forums

Identifying this Les Paul

TCast

• 3 weeks later...

1 of 10 custom ordered by Music Machine in 2003, you should find R0 inked under the neck pickup cavity, has burstbucker pro pickups, I have pictures of 3 of the others and own one myself, one of the other 3 I seen was stripped of all its hardware and changed to chrome

link has pics of mine

Edited by devin

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2021 at 7:32 PM, sparquelito said:

Not my thing, that guitar. 

So much bling per square inch. 
And the gold-plated bits are a non-starter for me. 

Yikes. 

😬

Does poor Guitaralph have to get off your lawn too?  Yikes ... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Grumpy old guys hate blingy guitars with gold trim?

I am not a fan of gold hardware either.  However, the gold hardware seems to meld well with the finish color.  And the quilt top is no more ostentatious than the heavy striped tops that are so common now, and the abalone is not that crazy looking compared to MoP.  A little blingy?  Yeah, but not crazily so. ... not to me.  While definitely not for me, I think it is a nice looking Les Paul.  Just my opinion, though ...

As for the lawn thing, I just REMOVED my lawn to put in xeriscape.  Because yelling at all the rabbits defecating everywhere on it 24/7 was getting me absolutely nowhere.  Boy, I showed them, though ... 

Guitaralph:  Did you end up getting the guitar??  

11 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Grumpy old guys hate blingy guitars with gold trim?

Who knew?

😑

I qualify as old & grumpy too and certainly anti bling. But gold hardware? I've taken a shine to it in the last year or so. I have this old 80s Fingerbone Strat with gold that is tarnishing with age. I've long considered it to be the ugliest guitar I have, but its grown on me. 

a99Dntf.jpg

I now even wish I'd found the Sierra version of the Ric 650 instead of the Dakota. My Dakota has chrome. The Sierra had gold. 

I apologize to anyone I offended with my opinions on gold hardware. 

We all have our own passions and preferences, and I was wrong to express mine in such a cavalier and thoughtless fashion. 

I will endeavor to choose my words more carefully in the future, and to avoid posting comments that are overtly negative. 

😑

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

We all have our own passions and preferences, and I was wrong to express mine in such a cavalier and thoughtless fashion. 

I will endeavor to choose my words more carefully in the future, and to avoid posting comments that are overtly negative. 

😑

Your fine Sparks. 

That worn out expression, 'There's no accounting for taste'. Is worn out because its true. 

1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

Point definitely taken -- The thing is that it was the guy's first post in this forum about a pretty unique Les Paul that he was getting.  This forum could use people like GuitaRalph.  I, for one, am pretty interested in whether he gets that guitar, and how well he likes it considering the guitar's uniqueness.