Gibson Brands Forums

C-1 Case?

SteveWard

I have a 1964 Gibson C1-D Laredo coming soon. The guitar is in wonderful  condition but only has the original case and that is why I could use some advice.

I would appreciate some advice on a hard case that should fit this guitar correctly. I travel in our Motorhome and Vintage Airstream so I would like to protect it as good as possible.

Thanks in advance!

PS if this isn't the correct forum, please excuse me and move it

Steve

Edited by SteveWard

Any case designed for Gibson's LG-series smallbodies should do, since the C-series classicals share the same body plan.

Go on the TKL cases website. They give detailed inside dimensions of all their cases.

Here's a link to one case that might work:

TKL classical case

Edited by j45nick
spelling correction
  • Thanks 1

Hiscox is terrific, protected my J-50 in the checked baggage on a trip to Europe several years ago. No way that I'd do that with a regular case, the Hiscox is a completely different animal. Also much lighter than regular cases. Not cheap, but well worth the cost IMO.

https://www.hiscoxcases.com

Edited by Boyd
  • Thanks 1

Just be careful - there are a few different sizes of Classical Guitars.   The Gibson C- series are all 'standard 'as I remember. (I had a C-0) and are the same as the LGs.  I kept my C-0 case when I traded it in for an LG1.   But, while most classical guitars are a 'standard' size - there are some that are different, usually smaller.   Student,  3/4 size.    Not common - but still they are out there. 

I remember when the  Ramirez Studio classical guitars started jumping in price because of the model's association with the Beatles and "A Hard Day's Night" film.   

Hiscox cases are nice - light weight and great protection.  I keep my 1942 J50 in an Ameritage case I bought used.  The thing can survive being run over my a truck but weighs as much as a boat anchor.  You carry it any kind of distance and you will be switching arms more than a few times.

13 hours ago, SteveWard said:

Thanks for your help with this. I now have a direction to look.

Next question will be on the Strings.....may have many many recommendations but then life is an adventure.

Steve

I really like Savarez 520 F, (btw: The "F" variant has a silver plated wound G, really helps to tame that intonation battled with the G / B strings.)

520 F

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dave F said:

It's an older case. The only tag states HISCOX CASES LITEFLITE PRO II. No model numbers.

Thanks! The one I was going to get was smaller than needed. No idea there were so many sizes.

Edited by SteveWard