Gibson Brands Forums

What to do with an extra "1942 J-45 Banner" COA?

Mr.Woody

Earlier this year I requested a COA for my "1942 J-45 Legend" I had purchased from CME last August. Vincent in customer service was super great in getting one to me. However, they sent me the wrong one the first time, so now I have this extra COA for a "1942 J-45 Banner" with serial # 12699052 hanging out in a drawer LOL

What should I do with this? I'm sure people would buy it, but I don't want to contribute to any forgeries/scams.

By chance, does anyone in this forum own that guitar?

On 8/31/2020 at 3:15 AM, RBSinTo said:

You already know the answer.

The correct thing to do is to either tear it up and discard it, or return it to Gibson so it can be mated to the guitar it belongs to.  

Any other choices will just lead to mischief.

RSinTo

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mr.Woody said:

I see where you guys are going with it and agree with those sentiments. I'm thinking more along the lines of how can it be re-purposed, like maybe taking out the COA and using it as a Gibson branded picture frame?

Sounds good. Take a picture of your guitar and put it in there 

On 8/30/2020 at 4:24 PM, Mr.Woody said:

Earlier this year I requested a COA for my "1942 J-45 Legend" I had purchased from CME last August. Vincent in customer service was super great in getting one to me. However, they sent me the wrong one the first time, so now I have this extra COA for a "1942 J-45 Banner" with serial # 12699052 hanging out in a drawer LOL

What should I do with this? I'm sure people would buy it, but I don't want to contribute to any forgeries/scams.

By chance, does anyone in this forum own that guitar?

The odds would be slim if the owner of that guitar is on here and sees this thread. I agree with sending it to Gibson.

1 hour ago, Dave F said:

Isn’t this the motto of Troll World?

(my opinion)

50 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Nah.  Trolls say  "If you don't like my comment, you should't have read it."   😐

Actually, the latest edition of Troll World magazine says that both versions constitute an acceptable motto. If you have to have a motto.

ps- there’s “valid”, then there’s the fact that people who come here simply  like guitars, & ... “ we were all having a pretty good time“ 

Edited by 62burst
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:29 PM, RBSinTo said:

If you already have the guitar, why do you need a picture of it? 

Well, I could take a picture of my wife holding my guitar, then put THAT in the frame. Then it'd be my 2 favorite things in the world in 1 picture 🙂 

Edited by Mr.Woody
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Mr. Paul said:

If you don't own a guitar that is deserving of worship, keep looking.

Mr. Paul,

As I recall, it was a Mr. Moses who warned my people a long time ago about worshipping golden idols. I have no desire to drink a j-45 Smoothie, so I'll just pass.

RBSinTo