Gibson Brands Forums

NGGD at last!

Brucebubs

3 hours ago, Brucebubs said:

Thank you for all the kind comments - I'm coming to grips with it and it just sounds better each time I play it - yes, the 'Honeymoon' period is just beginning!

Here I am.

P9RS0Mtl.jpg

Woww, , , here uncle November is lining up with rain and cold winds through the leaves and you just sit there with the sunburst jumbo in the sun.

Major, , , E-major ^

E-minor7

3 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Woww, , , here uncle November is lining up with rain and cold winds through the leaves and you just sit there with the sunburst jumbo in the sun.

Major, , , E-major ^

E-minor7

Actually I have the guitar in open E tuned down a 1/2 step!

15 hours ago, Brucebubs said:

I think your pre-war version is the best looking guitar in the whole new Historic series and this '57 in Vintage Sunburst is 2nd.

First thing that hit me was the depth of the sound, amazing ... but still beautifully balanced.

Thanks! I am digging it, but there is no way I get one if I did not already have the Maple variety. On beauty, nothing beats the sunburst Maple, and yours is perfect.

My Maple has opened up nice and full of warmth about 18 months into ownership. I agree on the balance and depth of Maple SJ-200s. Of my 4 nice acoustics, this one seems to maximize a string's sonic personality more than the others. I bet all this with a baked top is even nicer. I had once thought about upgrading, but I'm too attached now. 

Seeing yours online yesterday reminded me how much I liked the stock strings (Gibson Coated PB) that came on my pre-war version. I put some on and broke them in. Nice! 

8 hours ago, Brucebubs said:

Thank you for all the kind comments - I'm coming to grips with it and it just sounds better each time I play it - yes, the 'Honeymoon' period is just beginning!

Here I am.

P9RS0Mtl.jpg

This has got to be one of the better NGD pics posted ever.

2 hours ago, J-1854Me said:

Congratulations, Bruce -- I'm glad that you've finally obtained the guitar we've all been reading about in your posts here and on AGF for so long!  It looks like a beautiful guitar!

Fred

Thanks Fred, I read your reply on the AGF too - much appreciated.

1 hour ago, bobouz said:

There's just something about a sunburst Gibson jumbo.

I'll never forget my first glimpse of Dylan's Nashville Skyline album cover.

Made you want to jump into the picture & wrap it in your arms!

Reckon I've wanted a SJ-200 for about 50 years now - first 40 was always blonde - but I'm glad I changed my mind now -the Vintage Sunburst does look great. I'm really happy with it.