Gibson Brands Forums

John Cruz guitars

Mr. Gibson

If that post of Merc's is  the guitarist he made axes for well  he made one for my favorite guitar players, Bono. What lead lines that guy comes up with. 

Did they have to put U2 in parentheses after Bono's name? How many are there in the rock world. It's like doing this - Cher (Sonny and Cher). We know who that clown is and what Irish new wave tuned social justice warriors mouth pieces he is .  

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

This is the meme that ended his career with Fender - he reposted this using his personal facebook account where he identified himself as a Fender employee:

i-dont-know-what-you-mean-by-protesters-

I'm not sure if he's smart enough to run his own company but I guess we will see.  😐

The meme was definitely in poor taste. If he worked for me, I would have fired him whether I agreed or disagreed with his political opinion. It's just bad for business to post something like that.

• Like 1

On a random Tuesday at noon thirty or so he was nowhere to be found.  Or anyone else in the Customme Shoppe.  Not.  A.  Soul.  I coulda rummaged every drawer in every table in the joint, for like a half an hour we hung around in there drankin coffee.  Some nice things in progress, but no people.  I was hoping to say hello to one or two I'd heard of over time.

rct

35 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Jeff Beck - needs no introduction 

Jimmy Vaughan - The Fabulous Thunderbirds

Ike Turner - used to beat the crap out of Tina Turner 

Yngwie Malmsteen - neoclassical speed demon

Bono - apparently does need an introduction 

Slash and Duff McKagan - Guns and Roses

John Mayer - "Your body is a wonderland ..." 

Carlos Santana - needs no introduction

Mick Mars - Motley Crue

Ronnie James Dio - Dio

Doug Aldrich - played with many bands including Whitesnake

Dave Amato - definitely needs an introduction 

Pat Travers - solo artists.  Vocals on "Get The Funk Out" by Extreme 

Gus G - played with many bands including Ozzy Osbourne

Matthew and Gunnar Nelson - "The Nelson Twins" from the band Nelson.  They are Ricky Nelson's kids. 

Kenny Olson - definitely needs an introduction

"And many many more" means those are all the ones worth mentioning.  😄

Bono - U2, needs to introduction, but he does need a muzzle. 

I personally thought that the bloody jeep meme was funny as hell, but then again, I don't post on Facebook anymore (and I don't work for a major American guitar company). 

Might I assume that my finding the meme hilarious would get me banned from Facebook, and earn me the scorn of the same hysterical sob sisters who forced the name change of the Washington Redskins?

🙄

13 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I personally thought that the bloody jeep meme was funny as hell, but then again, I don't post on Facebook anymore (and I don't work for a major American guitar company). 

Might I assume that my finding the meme hilarious would get me banned from Facebook, and earn me the scorn of the same hysterical sob sisters who forced the name change of the Washington Redskins?

🙄

There are always some unpleasant characters to be found anywhere. Bigots, or those with social 'problems'. My view is that you cant tell who or what a person is by assessing their adherence to 'Political Correctness'.

I worked in a factory for most of my career. 13 of those years on the shop floor. Even later I still worked closely with the workshops.

There was no PC there. None at all. I knew many of the people well and they were in the main decent responsible people. Ordinary folk with families who 'gave a sh1t'. The sense of humour was completely irreverent though. The kind of thing that John Cruz posted was the sort of fare we would see every day of the working week. It was an outlet. It didn't taint or corrupt in any way.

I have no idea what sort of fellow John Cruz is. But the resultant sh1tstorm around him this year was more about Fender's PC, public relations, corporate profile and fearfulness than it was about Cruz's lack of savvy or discretion.  That's what it looks like from here anyway.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:57 PM, sparquelito said:

🙄

The reason I would have fired him was not because the meme was funny or not, but because it would have alienated way too many customers. Companies have a reason to be apolitical. Flying a Trump flag or Biden poster might give you cred among your like minded people, but will turn many customers who oppose either one away from the door.

When I worked for Motown, it was during the Detroit riots. Berry Gordy never expressed his opinion on that, and the word was we weren't supposed to support or oppose anything political.

I don't base my personal buying habits on the owner's or employee's political stance, but way to many others do.

Insights and incites by Notes

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 2